CD The Alligator Records 25th Anniversary Collection (CD 146510),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Alligator Records 25th Anniversary Collection
0. DISC 1:
1. Don't Pick Me For Your Fool - Son Seals
2. Digging My Potatoes - James Cotton
3. Something to Remember You By - Albert Collins/Johnny Copeland (previously unreleased)
4. Complainer's Boogie Woogie, The - William Clarke
5. Stingaree - Charlie Musselwhite
6. It's Alright - Lil' Ed & the Blues Imperials (previously unreleased)
7. Man Smart, Woman Smarter - C.J. Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band
8. I Want to Be Your Spy - Maurice John Vaughn
9. Hey Bartender - Floyd Dixon (previously unreleased)
10. Sitting on Top of the World - Eddie Shaw & the Wolf Gang
11. Action Man - Cephas & Wiggins
12. Bayou Blood - Kenny Neal
13. T-Bone Intentions - Long John Hunter
14. T'Aint Nobody's Business - Saffire -- The Uppity Blues Women
15. If You Have to Know - Stevie Ray Vaughan/Lonnie Mack
16. Been Gone Too Long - Billy Boy Arnold
17. Quitter Never Wins, A - Tinsley Ellis
18. I Ain't Got You - Sugar Blue
19. Crawfish Fiesta - Professor Longhair
0. DISC 2:
1. Evil - Koko Taylor
2. Got Lucky Last Night - Lonnie Brooks
3. Blues Lover - Bob Margolin
4. I Could Deal With It - Little Charlie & the Nightcats
5. Cherry Red Wine - Luther Allison
6. Hard Lovin' Mama - Katie Webster
7. She Puts Me in the Mood - Elvin Bishop
8. Low Down Dirty Shame - Carey Bell
9. Six O'Clock Blues - Lucky Peterson
10. Keep Your Motor Running - Dave Hole
11. Roots Woman - Corey Harris
12. Can't Recall a Time - Michael Hill's Blues Mob
13. Baby, Baby, Baby - Roy Buchanan/Delbert McClinton
14. Jack the Ripper - Roy Buchanan (previously unreleased)
15. Sky Is Crying, The - Sonny Boy Williamson
16. Love, Life and Money - Johnny Winter
17. Look on Yonder's Wall - Hound Dog Taylor (previously unreleased)
18. Somebody Loan Me a Dime - Fenton Robinson
19. We're Outta Here - Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 1011
Producers include: Port Barlow, Jim Bateman, Fred Brietberg, Scott Dirks, Jon Foose, Bob Greenlee, Kevin Hill, Larry Hoffman, Ice Cube Slim, Bruce Iglauer, Vasti Jackson, Criss Johnson, Andy Kaslow, Mark Kazanoff, Karl Emil Knudsen, Richard McLeese, Allison Miner, Kevin Morrow, Eddy Offord, Tary Owens, Wesley Race, Dick Shurman, James Solberg, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Wilson, Brian Young.
Compilation producers: Bruce Iglauer, Bob DePugh, David Forte.
Engineers include: Tom Anderson, David Axelbaum, Rick Bailey, Port Barlow, Bryan Bassett, Stu Black, Fred Breitberg, William Clarke, David Farrell, Sam Fishkin, Julian Herzfeld, Warren King, Gene Lawson, Sam Lehmer, Bill McElroy, Andrew McIntire, Steve Mendell, Justin Niebank, Glenn Nishida, Eddy Offord, Bob Ozowski, Peter Reiniger, Ivar Rosenberg, Bill Thompson, John Villani, Jim Watts, Mark Williams, Brian Young.
Recorded between 1963 and 1995. Includes liner notes by Bob Iglauer.
This is a specially priced, two-CDs-for-the-price-of-one photo-cube set, loaded with great stuff from Charlie Musselwhite, Koko Taylor, Lonnie Brooks, Johnny Winter, Billy Boy Arnold, Lonnie Mack, and a host of others who have trotted their wares on the label over the years. Besides giving the novice one great introduction to the label (as the music runs from traditional to modern), the big bonus here is a treasure trove of previously unissued tracks from Roy Buchanan (a chaotic version of Link Wray's "Jack the Ripper"); Floyd Dixon (a recut of his Blues Brothers-approved hit "Hey Bartender"); Albert Collins and Johnny Copeland in a marvelous outtake from the Showdown! album ("Something to Remember You By"); and the band that started it all, Hound Dog Taylor & the Houserockers, with a crazed version of Elmore James' "Look on Yonder's Wall," as sloppy as it is cool. Very good stuff and at these prices, a bargain and then some. ~ Cub Koda
Q (8/96, p.142) - 3 Stars - Good - "...a strong 2-CD set which contains all the joy, all the pain, all the triumph of modern blues, be it electric or acoustic, city or country, purist or diluted by rock....a sweet sampler of America's finest contemporary blues label."
Mojo (Publisher) (6/96, p.124) - "...[this collection] can hardly be beaten: every player in the story is here, from old Hound Dog to the razor-sharp new blues of Michael Hill's Blues Mob, by way of Johnny Winter, Professor Longhair et al..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Alligator Records 1011
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright