CD Blind Pig Records' 25th Anniversary Collection (CD 65579),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Blind Pig Records' 25th Anniversary Collection
0. DISC 1:
1. Get You Next to Me - Arthur Adams/B.B. King
2. Bendin' Like a Willow Tree - Deborah Coleman
3. Daddy Played the Guitar and Mama Was a Disco Queen - Popa Chubby
4. Strong Man Holler - Taj Mahal/Big Bill Morganfield
5. Sinner Street - Jimmy Thackery/Drivers/Jimmy Thackery & the Drivers
6. Can't Keep a Good Man Down - Tommy Castro
7. I Wonder Why - Debbie Davies/Albert Collins
8. Last Chance - George "Harmonica" Smith
9. Work With Me Annie - Snooky Pryor
10. That Same Thing - Gospel Hummingbirds
11. Wake Me Up Early - Magic Slim
12. What a Good Feeling - E.C. Scott
13. My Baby - James Cotton
14. Pleated Pants - Memphis Rockabilly Band (previously unreleased)
15. All You Left Behind - Bob Margolin
16. Honey Bee - Muddy Waters
17. Huron River Drive - The Vipers (previously unreleased)
0. DISC 2:
1. Gone to Hell - John Mooney
2. Cain - Chris Thomas King
3. Pressure - Bill Perry
4. Help Wanted - Chicago Rhythm & Blues Kings
5. If This Is Love - Jimmy Thackery/Joe Louis Walker
6. Love Gotcha - Lloyd Jones
7. Here No More - Studebaker John/The Hawks/Studebaker John & the Hawks
8. Who Stole the Hot Sauce? - Chubby Carrier
9. Don't Turn Your Heater Dow - Delbert McClinton/Tommy Castro
10. Slippin' and Slidin' - Johnny Dyer
11. Movin' Back to Memphis - Chris Cain
12. Broke - Mitch Woods & His Rocket 88's/Mitch Woods
13. Early Hours - Pee Wee Crayton
14. Is It Love - Norton Buffalo
15. Peace in Hell - Johnny Shines
16. Nothin' But the Blues - Joanna Connor
17. Ida B - Pinetop Perkins
18. Fear No Evil - Coco Montoya
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 2002
Includes Bonus CD-ROM featuring performances by Tommy Castro, Preacher Boy, Roy Rogers, Norton Buffalo and interviews with Deborah Coleman and Snooky Pryor.
Compilation producers: Edward Chimelewski, Jerry Del Giudice.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Photographers: Jim Purdum; Stuart Brinin; Patricia de Gorostarzu; Pat Johnson .
Following the precedent established by previous label best-of's like Blind Pig Sampler (1990) and Blind Pig Records: 20th Anniversary Collection (1997), Blind Pig Records' 25th Anniversary Collection digs into the blues label's deep archive for a number of classic performances. Some of the featured performances include B.B. King and Arthur Adams' "Get You Next to Me," Taj Mahal and Big Bill Morganfield's "Strong Man Holler," Muddy Waters' "Honey Bee," and Coco Montoya's "Fear No Evil." Much like the aforementioned previous Blind Pig best-ofs, this collection provides a hefty showcase of some of the blues label's better releases. ~ Jason Birchmeier
Living Blues (1-2/02, p.57) - "...An excellent intro to the label..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Blind Pig 2002
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright