CD Blues Story [Shout! Factory] (CD 1058911),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Blues Story [Shout! Factory]
0. DISC 1:
1. Crazy Blues - Mamie Smith
2. Match Box Blues - Blind Lemon Jefferson
3. Police Dog Blues - Blind Blake
4. Yonder Comes the Blues - Ma Rainey
5. Screamin' and Hollerin' Blues - Charley Patton
6. Canned Heat Blues - Tommy Johnson
7. St. Louis Blues - Bessie Smith
8. Walking Blues - Son House
9. How Long - Pinetop Perkins
10. Take a Walk With Me - Robert Lockwood, Jr.
11. She Brought Life Back to the Dead - Sonny Boy Williamson
12. Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson
13. Caldonia - Louis Jordan
14. Shake, Rattle & Roll - Big Joe Turner
15. Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean - Ruth Brown
16. Okie Dokie Stomp - Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
17. Call It Stormy Monday - T-Bone Walker
18. Every Day I Have the Blues - B.B. King
19. St. James Infirmary - Bobby "Blue" Bland
0. DISC 2:
1. (I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man - Muddy Waters
2. Rollin' and Tumblin', Pt. 1 - Little Johnny Walter (Part 1)
3. Dust My Broom - Elmore James
4. Things I Used to Do, The - Guitar Slim
5. Wang Dang Doodle - Koko Taylor
6. Big Boss Man - Jimmy Reed
7. How Many More Years - Howlin' Wolf
8. Three Times a Fool - Otis Rush
9. First Time I Met the Blues, The - Buddy Guy
10. You're Gonna Have a Murder on Your Hands - Little Milton
11. Born Under a Bad Sign - Albert King
12. Shake 'Em on Down - Mississippi Fred McDowell
13. I Can't Be Satisfied - Big Bill Broonzy
14. Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues - Skip James
15. Samson & Delilah - Rev. Gary Davis
16. Aberdeen Mississippi Blues - Bukka White
17. Candy Man Blues - Mississippi John Hurt
18. Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker
19. Hound Dog - Big Mama Thornton
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 31134
Compilation producers: Jay Levey, Richard Foos, Jim O'Neal.
Audio Remasterer: Bob Fisher .
Liner Note Author: Jim O'Neal.
Photographer: Dick Waterman.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Sonny Boy Williamson ; Elmore James; Bonita Butter; Leonard Chess; Little Milton; Little Walter; Louis Jordan; Lowell Fulson; Ma Rainey; Mamie Smith; Mississippi John Hurt; Muddy Waters; Robert Lockwood, Jr.; Ruth Brown; T-Bone Walker; Bessie Smith; Big Mama Thornton; Koko Taylor; Blind Blake; Blind Lemon Jefferson; Bobby "Blue" Bland; Buddy Guy; Charley Patton.
Blues Story opens with the wonderful, lazy horns of Mamie Smith's "Crazy Blues" and ends on the edge of rock & roll with Big Mama Thornton's "Hound Dog." In between are dozens of classic old blues tracks, including Tommy Johnson's bright but desperate signature tune, "Canned Heat Blues," T-Bone Walker's "Call It Stormy Monday" (with its famous line, "The eagle flies on Friday"), Elmore James' "Dust My Broom," Jimmy Reed's "Big Boss Man" (with the equally famous line, "He's just tall, that's all"), and Louis Jordan's jump blues standard, "Caldonia." One of Skip James' finest performances is also here, "Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues," as well as Bukka White's autobiographical and driving "Aberdeen Mississippi Blues." It is extremely difficult to give the fabled story of the blues its fair due in just under 40 tracks, but this collection does a marvelous job, and functions as a varied and well-balanced history of one of America's most important musical styles. ~ Steve Leggett
Be The First To Write A Review
Shout! Factory 31134
Sony Music Distribution (
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright