CD Shortcuts 1: God Don't Like It (CD 867402),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Shortcuts 1: God Don't Like It
0. SHORTCUTS VOL. 1: GOD DON'T LIKE IT:
1. Another Fool Like Me - Jesse Thomas
2. Flesh Crawling Blues - George Davis
3. Lord I Can Ride - The Hall Johnson Choir
4. Little Maggie with a Dram Glass in Her Hand - Grayson & Whitter
5. I Can Beat You Plenty - Memphis Jug Band
6. Wild Cow Moan - Big Joe Williams
7. Desert Blues - Hattie Ellis/"Cowboy" Jack Ramsey
8. Black Bottom Strut - Three Stripped Gears
9. Sportin' Life - Ralph Willis/Brownie McGhee
10. Rock and Roll Sermon (Pt. 1) - Elder Charles D. Beck
11. Boar Hog Blues - Hightower's Night Hawks
12. Mister Suzie-Q - Son House
13. Vicksburg Blues - Little Brother Montgomery
14. I'm on My Way - Junior Four Quartet
15. Brown's Ferry Blues - Kirk McGee/Sam McGee
16. King Porter Stomp - Teddy Bunn
17. Razor Totin' Mama - Perline Ellison
18. Hot Boogie (Too Hot to Handle) - Roosevelt Sykes
19. God Don't Like It - Elder A. Johnson
20. Walkin' the Streets - Lightnin' Hopkins
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 9001
Personnel: McGhee, Kirk, Jesse Babyface Thomas, Ralph Willis, Sam McGee, Son House, Big Joe Williams, Charlie Burse (vocals, guitar); Elder A. Johnson (vocals, electric guitar); Milton Robie (vocals, violin); G.B. Grayson (vocals, fiddle); Ben Ramey (vocals, kazoo); Roosevelt Sykes (vocals, piano); Junior Four Quartet, Perline Ellison, Simon Anderson , Hattie Ellis, Jab Jones, The Hall Johnson Choir, Ralph Smith (vocals); Brownie McGhee (spoken vocals, guitar); Henry Whitter, Lightnin' Hopkins, Marion Brown, Teddy Bunn (guitar); Bud Scott (banjo); Remo Biondi (violin); Fred Parham (clarinet, alto saxophone); Willie Hightower (cornet); John Lindsay (trombone); R.J. Jones, Little Brother Montgomery, Sam Price (piano); Hal West, Fred Below, Rudy Richardson, Judge Riley (drums).
Recording information: Atlanta, GA (1927-1969); Chicago, IL (1927-1969); Dover, DE (1927-1969); Goree State Farm (1927-1969); Houston, TX (1927-1969); Los Angeles, CA (1927-1969); Memphis, TN (1927-1969); New York, NY (1927-1969); Richmond, IN (1927-1969); Rochester, NY (1927-1969).
Unknown Contributor Role: Elder Charles D. Beck.
Arranger: Teddy Bunn.
This 20-track collection highlights the best of the Document label, which specializes in reissuing blues, jazz, folk, country, and gospel recordings dating from the late 19th century through the middle of the 20th. Document's catalog is swarming with unfamiliar names and fascinating recordings that many people have never heard or even imagined. During the '90s, Document's policy was to reissue 78 rpm recordings on CD regardless of sound quality, even if the surface noise made it difficult to hear the music or if the needle skipped on the old platter. Since the beginning of the 21st century, the company has changed hands and the overall quality of Document CDs released since then tends towards excellence. This compilation is guaranteed to move, amuse, entertain, and educate anyone who spends some time absorbing its contents and savoring the blend of genres and styles.
Be The First To Write A Review
Document (USA) 9001
Allegro Corporation (Dist
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright