CD Classic Country Gold (CD 868009),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Classic Country Gold
0. DISC 1:
1. Hey, Good Lookin' - Hank Williams
2. It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - Kitty Wells
3. Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford
4. Why Baby Why - Red Sovine/Webb Pierce
5. I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
6. All I Have to Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers
7. Hello Walls - Faron Young
8. Walk on By - Leroy Van Dyke
9. I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Cline
10. Tender Years - George Jones
11. King of the Road - Roger Miller
12. Make the World Go Away - Eddy Arnold
13. Mama Tried - Merle Haggard
14. Hello Darlin' - Conway Twitty
15. Coal Miner's Daughter - Loretta Lynn
16. Help Me Make It Through the Night - Sammi Smith
17. Kiss an Angel Good Mornin' - Charley Pride
18. Chantilly Lace - Jerry Lee Lewis
0. DISC 2:
1. Happiest Girl in the Whole U.S.A., The - Donna Fargo
2. Eleven Roses - Hank Williams, Jr.
3. I Love - Tom T. Hall
4. Jolene - Dolly Parton
5. Before the Next Teardrop Falls - Freddy Fender
6. Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Campbell
7. San Antonio Stroll - Tanya Tucker
8. Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love) - Waylon Jennings
9. Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue - Crystal Gayle
10. Gambler, The - Kenny Rogers
11. Do You Know You Are My Sunshine - The Statler Brothers
12. I Believe in You - Don Williams
13. Elvira - The Oak Ridge Boys
14. I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool - George Jones/Barbara Mandrell
15. Fourteen Carat Mind - Gene Watson
16. God Bless the U.S.A. - Lee Greenwood
17. Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses - Kathy Mattea
18. Timber, I'm Falling in Love - Patty Loveless
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 000498902
Mike Ragogna (Compilation); Andy McKaie (Compilation)
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Photographers: Michael Putland; Les Leverett; Andrew Putler; David Redfern; Seor McGuire; Simon Fowler ; Rick Richards.
Hip-O's 2005 double-disc set Classic Country Gold casts a wide net. It begins with Hank Williams' 1951 hit "Hey, Good Lookin'" and ends with Patty Loveless' 1989 hit "Timber, I'm Falling in Love." In between those two tracks are 34 songs, most of them indeed living up to "classic" status. While this doesn't necessarily make for the most consistent listening -- it jumps through too many eras and styles to truly be cohesive -- it nevertheless provides a good, affordable way to acquire such great singles as "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels," "I Walk the Line," "Hello Walls," "Walk on By," "I Fall to Pieces," "King of the Road," "Mama Tried," "Hello Darlin'," "Jolene," "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue," and "The Gambler." In other words, it's a good first step in exploring classic country. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.