CD Stars & Guitars (CD 139827),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Stars & Guitars
1. Whiskey River - (featuring Sheryl Crow)
2. Good Hearted Woman - (featuring Toby Keith)
3. Maria (Shut Up and Kiss Me) - (featuring Rob Thomas/Bill Evans)
4. Mendocino County Line - (featuring Lee Ann Womack)
5. Always on My Mind - (featuring Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora)
6. Night Life - (featuring Ray Price)
7. Dead Flowers - (featuring Ryan Adams/Keith Richards/Hank Williams III)
8. Lonestar - (featuring Norah Jones)
9. Stardust - (featuring Aaron Neville)
10. Don't Fade Away - (featuring Brian McKnight)
11. Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground - (featuring Patty Griffin)
12. For What It's Worth - (featuring Sheryl Crow/Bill Evans)
13. Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to Be Cowboys - (featuring Matchbox Twenty)
14. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - (featuring Vince Gill)
15. Till I Gain Control Again - (featuring Emmylou Harris)
16. Harder They Come, The - (featuring Ryan Adams)
17. On the Road Again
18. Move It on Over
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 170340
Gloria Medel; Tony Faske; Frank Callari; Jeb Brien; Allen Kelman; James Stroud
Greg Lankford; Bobby Lemmons; Thom Cadley
Personnel includes: Willie Nelson (vocals, acoustic & electric guitar); Dan Dugmore (acoustic & steel guitars); Jody Payne (guitar, background vocals); Bill Evans (saxophone); Bobbie Nelson, (piano); Jim Cox (keyboards); Glenn Worf (bass); Chad Cromwell (drums); Sheryl Crow, Toby Keith, Lee Ann Womack, Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, Ray Price, Hank Williams III, Keith Richards, Norah Jones, Aaron Neville, Brian McNight, Patty Griffin, Matchbox Twenty, Emmylou Harris, Ryan Adams, Family, Vince Gill.
Personnel: Jody Payne (guitar, background vocals); Jackie King (guitar); Richard Bennett (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Dan Dugmore (acoustic guitar, steel guitar); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Bill Evans (saxophone); Bobbie Nelson (piano); Jim Cox (keyboards); Chad Cromwell (drums); Paul English (snare drum); Billy Gene English (percussion); Robert Bailey, Jr. , Vicki Hampton, Kim Fleming (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Chuck Ainlay.
Recording information: Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN (05/27/2002).
Photographer: Rahav Segev.
Considering STARS & GUITARS's pop idol-heavy list of guests, one might expect the album to be just a live retread of Willie Nelson's 2002 studio effort, THE GREAT DIVIDE. Fortunately, unlike that album, which attempted to fit the artist into the same pop box that helped Carlos Santana out of a career slump, this is ol' Willie's show through and through. As anyone who has seem him live knows, Nelson's onstage personality is such a powerful force of nature, no one can hope to tame it. STARS AND GUITARS shows, once again, that though Willie Nelson is capable of playing any type of music he chooses, his musical personality is so strong that most guest artists can only hobble along behind him, thanking their lucky stars for the opportunity. Notable exceptions are Willie's contemporaries Ray Price and Aaron Neville, both of whom make the reasons for their legendary status abundantly clear. Overall, the album has the relaxed feel of a jam session (as if Willie could do it any other way). Though it may not be an essential addition to Nelson's catalog, STARS & GUITARS is an interesting curio that shows how different artists deal with the enigma that is Willie Nelson.
Be The First To Write A Review
Universal Distribution 1703402
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.