CD The Best Of You Can't Hear Me Callin' Bluegrass: 80 Years Of American Music (CD 1064277),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Best Of You Can't Hear Me Callin' Bluegrass: 80 Years Of American Music
1. Don't Let Your Deal Go Down Blues - North Carolina Ramblers/Charlie Poole
2. Cannon Bell Blues - The Carter Family
3. Great Speckle Bird - Roy Acuff
4. Orange Blossom Special - Roy Hall & his Blue Ridge Entertainers
5. Pretty Polly - Coon Creek Girls
6. Poor Ellen Smith - Molly O'Day/The Cumberland Mountain Folks/Molly O'Day & The Cumberland Mountain Folks
7. Can't You Hear Me Callin' - Bill Monroe
8. I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow - Clinch Mountain Boys/The Stanley Brothers/Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys
9. Don't Get Above Your Raising - Earl Scruggs/Lester Flatt/Foggy Mountain Boys/Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs & The Foggy Mountain Boys
10. Twin Banjo Special - Joe Maphis
11. Cotton Mill Man - Jim & Jesse/Virginia Boys/Jim & Jesse And the Virginia Boys
12. Pretty Boy Floyd - The Byrds
13. Mountain Dew - Grandpa Jones & Ramona
14. Uncle Pen - Ricky Skaggs
15. If I Could Be There - The O'Kanes
16. Big Country - Bla Fleck/Mike Marshall/Edgar Meyer
17. Daniel Prayed - Patty Loveless
18. Tortured, Tangled Hearts - Dixie Chicks
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 92965
Dixie Chicks; Don Law; Emory Gordy, Jr.; Fred Foster; Gary Usher; Gregg Geller; Jamie O'Hara; Kieran Kane; Lloyd Maines; Ralph Peer; Ricky Skaggs; Art Satherley; Bela Fleck; Edgar Meyer
Personnel: Ricky Skaggs (vocals, guitar, mandolin, background vocals); Jamie O'Hara, Lester Flatt, Lynn Davis , Mac Wiseman, Mother Maybelle Carter, Sara Carter (vocals, guitar); Molly O'Day, Ralph Stanley, Charlie Poole (vocals, banjo); Jesse McReynolds, Kieran Kane (vocals, mandolin); Roy Acuff (vocals, fiddle); A.P. Carter, Natalie Maines, Patty Loveless, Roger McGuinn (vocals); Jim McReynolds (tenor, guitar); Clarence White, Bob Hopson, Emory Gordy, Gram Parsons, Harold Bradley, Norman Woodlief, Rosie Ledford, Rose Lee Maphis, Roy Hall, Mike Marshall , Jess Easterday, Bryan Sutton, Carter Stanley (guitar); Ray Flacke (electric guitar); James "Jimmie" Selph, Bruce Bouton (steel guitar); Rob Ickes (dobro); John Hartford (banjo, fiddle); Earl Scruggs, Emily Robison, Clato Buchanan, Joe Maphis, Lou Reid , Allen Shelton, Bla Fleck (banjo); Chris Hillman, Charles Everett Lilly, Darrell "Pee Wee" Lambert, Adam Steffey (mandolin); Chubby Wise, Martie Maguire, Deanie Richardson, James "Slim" Martin, Cecil "Skeets" Williamson, Posey Rorer, Lester Woodie, Richard Kane, Jim Brock, Tommy Magness, Bobby Hicks (fiddle); Mickey Merritt (piano); Roy Yeager, George Grantham, Buddy Harman (drums); Carmella Ramsey (background vocals).
Recording information: Austin, TX (07/27/1925-??/??/2002); Chicago, IL (07/27/1925-??/??/2002); Colombia (07/27/1925-??/??/2002); Franklin, TN (07/27/1925-??/??/2002); Hollywood, CA (07/27/1925-??/??/2002); Nashville, TN (07/27/1925-??/??/2002); New York, NY (07/27/1925-??/??/2002).
Photographers: David Gahr; Les Leverett; James Minchin.
Arrangers: M. Davis; Lynn Davis .
The Best of Can't You Hear Me Callin': Bluegrass -- 80 Years of American Music is a single-disc culled from the found CD box set of the same name that was released in October of 2004. Featuring an eclectic selection of 18 tracks, beautifully represents the vast scope of the box set. Fans of the genre will be glad to have some of the more essential tunes from the Columbia/Sony label holdings like Grandpa Jones' "Mountain Dew," the Carter Family's "Cannon Ball Blues," Flatt & Scruggs' "Don't Get Above Your Raisin'," and the Stanley Brothers' "I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow." There are more modern offerings presented as well by the likes of the O'Kanes, Patty Loveless, Ricky Skaggs, the Dixie Chicks and Edgar Meyer with Bla Fleck and Mike Marshall. ~ Thom Jurek
Be The First To Write A Review
Sony Music Distribution (
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.