CD The Only Classic Country Collection You'll Ever Need (CD 6269750),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Only Classic Country Collection You'll Ever Need
0. DISC 1:
1. Walking the Floor Over You - Ernest Tubb
2. New San Antonio Rose - Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys
3. Blue Moon of Kentucky - Bill Monroe
4. I'm Moving On - Hank Snow & His Rainbow Ranch Boys
5. If You've Got the Money I've Got the Time - Lefty Frizzell
6. Tennessee Waltz, The - Patti Page
7. It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels - Kitty Wells
8. Jambalaya (On the Bayou) - Hank Williams & the Drifting Cowboys
9. Sixteen Tons - Tennessee Ernie Ford
10. I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
11. Walkin' After Midnight - Patsy Cline
12. Four Walls - Jim Reeves
13. El Paso - Marty Robbins
14. She Thinks I Still Care - George Jones
15. Act Naturally - Buck Owens
16. Make the World Go Away - Eddy Arnold
17. Crying Time - Ray Charles
0. DISC 2:
1. King of the Road - Roger Miller
2. Harper Valley P.T.A. - Jeannie C. Riley
3. Stand by Your Man - Tammy Wynette
4. Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
5. Mama Tried - Merle Haggard
6. Hello Darlin' - Conway Twitty
7. Coal Miner's Daughter - Loretta Lynn
8. Kiss an Angel Good Mornin' - Charley Pride
9. Behind Closed Doors - Charlie Rich
10. I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton
11. Before the Next Teardrop Falls - Freddy Fender
12. Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue - Crystal Gayle
13. Take This Job and Shove It - Johnny Paycheck
14. Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love) - Waylon Jennings
15. Gambler - Kenny Rogers
16. Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys - Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson
17. On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 11710
Jeff Palo; Derek Dressler (Compilation)
Audio Remasterer: Pat Kraus .
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
One usually has to cast a wary glance at any collection titled The Only Classic Country Collection You'll Ever Need. In this case, however, Shout Factory has come very close with this Derek Dressler-produced compilation. Thirty-four tracks contained on two discs offer a view of "classic country" -- that's Nashville country during its golden era from the '40 through 1980. Sure, connoisseurs will argue over this or that track being included or excluded, but the one thing they can't argue is that virtually all of these songs were hits -- big ones. The vast majority of titles are instantly recognizable to anyone with even minimal knowledge of the genre. Beginning with Ernest Tubb's honky tonk anthem "Walking te Floor Over You" and Bob Wills' "New San Antonio Rose," disc one moves through Lefty Frizzell's party shout-out "If You've Got th the Money I've Got the Time," Hank Williams' strutting "Jambalaya (On the Bayou)," and Bill Monroe's "Blue Moon of Kentucky," without leaving the women out of the mix. Patti Page's signature tune, "The Tennessee Waltz," Kitty Wells' "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels," and Patsy Cline's "Walking After Midnight" are here too. George Jones, Hank Snow, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Ray Charles, Jim Reeves, Marty Robbins, Buck Owens, Eddy Arnold, and Johnny Cash all make that first disc, too. Disc two commences with Roger Miller's "King of the Road" and Jeannie C. Riley's "Harper Valley P.T.A." (both singles were crossover smashes) and gets Tammy Wynette, Glen Campbell, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynne, Conway Twitty, Charley Pride, Charlie Rich, Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Freddy Fender, Crystal Gayle, Kenny Rogers, and the outlaws: Johnny Paycheck, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings (who appear together on "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys," and separately) into its grooves. Each track was a bona fide hit; some crossed over into the pop market Some, like Reeves' "Four Walls," Nelson's "On the Road Again," and Gayle's "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue," became international smashes as well. The sound on this set is top-notch and remastered; there is also a brief but insightful liner essay by Colin Escott, and each track is given complete discographical information in the booklet that also contains some great vintage promo shots. ~ Thom Jurek
Be The First To Write A Review
Shout! Factory 11710
Sony Music Entertainment
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.