CD The Story That the Crow Told Me, Vol. 2: Early American Rural Children's, Songs Classic (CD 171722),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Story That the Crow Told Me, Vol. 2: Early American Rural Children's, Songs Classic
1. Little Honey Bee - Bill Carlisle
2. Chewing Chewing Gum - Lake Howard
3. Froggie Went A-Courtin', The - Anna/Julietta Canova
4. Devilish Mary - The Skillet Lickers II
5. Charley, He's a Good Old Man - Kelly Harrell
6. Ground Hog - Jack Reedy/His Walker MOuntain String Band
7. Old Ark's a Moving, The - Seven Foot Dilly & His Hot Pickles/A.A. Gray/Seven Foot Dilly
8. Little Red Caboose, The - Henry Thomas
9. Somebody's Tall and Handsome - The Carolina Tar Heels
10. Cluck Old Hen - Bucklebusters
11. Charming Bill - McGee Brothers
12. Beaver Creek - The Prairie Ramblers
13. Paper of Pins - Bradley Kincaid
14. Kiss Me Sindy - Ford/Grace
15. Carried Water for the Elephant - Leroy Carr
16. Pig at Home in the Pen - Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith
17. Get Away, Old Maids, Get Away - Chubby Parker
18. Daniel in the Den of Lions - North Canton Quartet
19. Sourwood Mountain - Bradley Kincaid
20. Molly Put the Kettle On - The Leake County Revelers
21. Little David, Play on Your Harp - Joe Reed
22. I Love Somebody - Land Norris
23. Jesus Loves Me - Vernon Dalhart
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 2052
Richard Nevins; Richard Nevins (Compilation)
Includes liner notes by Richard Nevins.
Remastered directly from original 78s.
Audio Remasterer: Richard Nevins.
Liner Note Author: Richard Nevins.
The Story That the Crow Told Me, Vol. 1 compiles a fun selection of rural folk songs for children. Included among these recordings of the 1920s and '30s are songs about pigs, hens, groundhogs, a gum-chewing girl, and biblical figures as with the tunes "Little David Play on Your Harp" and "Daniel in the Den of Lions." Also included on the compilation are the well-known classics "Jesus Loves Me" and "The Frog Went A-Courtin" (otherwise known as "King Kong Kitchie Kitchie Ki-Me-O"). Some of the performers, such as Leroy Carr, will be familiar to fans of the Yazoo label, while other performers -- such as Bradley Kincaid, the Carolina Tar Heels, and Bill Carlisle -- may be known to listeners of early rural recordings in general. Obviously, this album is not about presenting big names; nor is its focus excellent sound quality, since it draws from historical recordings of the 1920s and '30s. This collection succeeds in gathering upbeat bluegrass and folk tunes with whimsical lyrics that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. ~ Joslyn Layne
Be The First To Write A Review
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.