CD Best of Club Hits, Vol. 3 (CD 854072),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Best of Club Hits, Vol. 3
0. DISC 1: RADIO DANCE HITS:
1. Breathe - Tlpopmusik (Album mix)
2. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
3. Days Go By - Dirty Vegas (Single Edit)
4. Unspeakable - Kim English (Thunderpass remix)
5. If You Could Read My Mind - Stars on 54
6. Yes - Amber
7. Never - Tina Arena/The Roc Project (Johnny Budz remix)
8. Got the Groove - SM-Trax (Extended mix)
9. Let U Go - ATB (Original mix)
10. Sound of Goodbye, The - Perpetuous Dreamer
11. Alone - Lasgo
12. One, The - Dee Dee (Extended mix)
0. DISC 2: DANCE FLOOR HITS:
1. Show Me Love - Robin S. (Original mix)
2. Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) - Crystal Waters (Extended mix)
3. Fired up! - Funky Green Dogs
4. I'm So Crazy - Part-T-One (Original mix)
5. Finally - Kings of Tomorrow (Original mix)
6. Busy Child - The Crystal Method (Album mix)
7. Shiny Disco Balls - Who da Funk/Jessica Eve (Harry "Choo Choo" Romero remix)
8. Like a Prayer - Mad'House
9. Must Be the Music - Joey Negro/Taka Boom
10. Summer Jam - The Underdog Project (Original mix)
11. Troy (The Phoenix From the Flame) - Sinad O'Connor (Schiller remix)
12. Resurection - PPK (Extended mix)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0918
DJ: DJ Strobe.
Compilations of dancefloor hits are very rarely worth sitting down and actually listening to, and this two-disc set looks for all the world like just one more generic collection of mindless thumpathons -- until you look at the back cover, that is, and notice that the featured artists include the Crystal Method, Daft Punk, Dirty Vegas, and Sinad O'Connor, and that the tracks include one Gordon Lightfoot cover and one dancefloor appropriation of material from the James Joyce novel Ulysses. These discoveries are enough to raise one's expectations significantly, and while it's true that not everything on this album is a brilliant success, there's at least plenty to hold your attention. Disc one turns out to be the best of the two, featuring a charming little slice of vocoder funk in the form of Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger," as well as a brilliant gospel-influenced number by Kim English titled "Unspeakable Joy," along with both the Lightfoot cover and the Joyce adaptation. Disc two doesn't quite rise to the same standard, leading off with Robin S.'s disappointingly generic "Show Me Love" and Funky Green Dogs' equally tiresome "Fired Up!," but it recovers near the end thanks to Sinad O'Connor, whose "Troy (The Phoenix from the Flame)" is one of the collection's highlight tracks. Strongly recommended overall. ~ Rick Anderson
Be The First To Write A Review
Dance & Electronic
UBL Recordings 0918
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.