CD The History of Trance 1993-2004 (CD 916530),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The History of Trance 1993-2004
0. DISC 1:
1. Anomaly... Calling Your Name
3. Everytime - (Mike Koglin Remix, Mike Koglin remix)
4. Greece 2000
5. Another Way - (Club Mix)
6. Synaesthesia (Fly Away) - (Paul Van Dyk Remix, Paul Van Dyke remix)
7. Beautiful - (Pulser Remix, Pulser remix)
8. Caf del Mar - (John 00 Fleming Remix, John "00" Fleming remix)
9. Seven Cities - (V-One's Living Cities Mix)
10. Silence - (DJ Tisto's in Search of Sunrise Mix, DJ Tiesto's In Search Of Sunrise remix)
12. Universal Nation
0. DISC 2:
1. Children - (Original Remix, Original Version)
2. Tranzy State of Mind - (Club Mix)
3. 7 Days and One Week - (Ferry Corsten Remix, Ferry Corsten remix)
4. Madagascar - (Ferry Corsten Remix, Ferry Corsten remix)
5. Out of the Blue ... - (Original Mix)
6. For an Angel '98 - (PVD E-Werk Club Mix)
7. One Minute in Heaven - (Future Breeze Remix, Future Breeze remix)
8. See the Light - (Original Mix)
9. Exploration of Space - (Club Mix)
10. Wave - (Taucher Mix)
11. First Rebirth, The - (Taucher Remix, Taucher remix)
12. Just Another Day - (George Acosta Remix, George Acosta remix)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 1208
Andy Perring; Steve Helstrip; DJ Ferry Corsten; M. Gerlach; DeLeon Richards; Delerium; Jam X; Emmanuel Top; Florian Preis; George Acosta; S.T. Jones; Laurent Veronnez; Gianfranco Bortolotti; Mauro Picotto; Mike Koglin; Paul Van Dyk; Taucher; Tiesto; Uwe Wagenknecht; Ton TB; Brian Transeau
This is a continuous in-the-mix CD compiled and mixed George Acosta.
Personnel: Steve Helstrip, Jan Johnston, Marcella Woods, Sarah McLachlan, Tracie Ackerman (vocals).
Audio Mixers: Emmanuel Top; Neil McLellan.
Audio Remixers: Andy Perring; Ferry Corsten; Laurent Veronnez; Mike Koglin; Paul van Dyk; Taucher; DJ Tisto.
Unknown Contributor Role: Libra .
Arranger: Steve Helstrip.
There's so many compilations that claim to be the "Best of Trance," "Greatest Trance CD Ever!," or "The Story of Trance" that it's easy to be suspect of this one, especially with its plain cover art (a tribute to New Order's Substance perhaps?). But George Acosta is a name worth knowing, and Ultra Records have gone all out with their licensing on this one. Sure there are tracks that could have been on here, but this is a top-notch selection, no doubt about it. Acosta chooses the right mixes, the flow is almost perfect, and the liner notes go as far as to give you all of the producer's aliases in case you want to explore further. There's no grandiose story in the liners, which is fine since trance isn't old enough -- or important enough, some would say -- to take a Rhino Records-styled, academic point of view. The text story of trance is still on Internet message boards, but when it's written, History of Trance could be its soundtrack, at least up to 2004. The Robert Miles, Sasha, Energy 52, Delerium, and System F tracks are all defining moments for the genre. Acosta gains more credibility by remembering the cuts by Three Drives, Matt Darey, and his own mix of Jon Secada, all classics that aren't necessarily on the tip of everyone's tongue. He doesn't partake in much DJ showiness, and tracks are pretty much left alone, just slightly mixed together. It's his sequencing that matters, and both discs build up nicely to dramatic finishes. There's more to the genre than two CDs can hold, even if music snobs tell you otherwise, but History of Trance is a great overview, worthy primer, and an exhilarating listen. ~ David Jeffries
Be The First To Write A Review
Dance & Electronic
Ultra Records 1208
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright