CD Ultra Chilled, Vol. 5 (CD 916536),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Ultra Chilled, Vol. 5
0. DISC 1:
1. Frontin' - Jamie Cullum (live, BBC Radio1 Live Lounge Version)
2. Right Now - Mocean Worker
3. Get a Move On - Mr. Scruff
4. Daylight - Ernest Ranglin/Adani & Wolf
5. Make Things Right - Lemon Jelly
6. Valley of the Dolls - Mylo
7. Revolution Solution - Perry Farrell/Thievery Corporation
8. Until the Night Is Over - M83
9. Recycled Air - The Postal Service
10. Lazy Lover - Brazilian Girls
11. Return to Oz - Scissor Sisters
12. Feeling Good - Nina Simone
0. DISC 2:
1. Temptation - Moby
2. Breathe - Erasure (Acoustic Version)
3. Angels - Norah Jones/Wax Poetic (Thievery Corporation Remix, Thievery Corporation remix)
4. Night Over Manaus - Boozoo Bajou
5. Ab-I Hayat - Mercan Dede
6. Glorious - Sa-Ra
7. Second Sense - Jon Hopkins
8. Now I Must Remember - Bent
9. Postales - Federico Aubele
10. Lola's Theme - Shape:UK (Lola's Lounging Mix)
11. Mannix - Klement Julienne
12. Rosa Nova - KC Flightt
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 1270
Erasure; Adam Dom; Hal Mooney; Kevin Rumble; Hilton; Andy Rogers; Garza; Martin Brumbach; Scissor Sisters; Brazilian Girls
Nick Cipriano; Steve Walsh
Personnel: Laura Dawn, Terri Walker (vocals); Ernest Ranglin, Steve Walsh (guitar); Joan Wasser (violin); Till Behler (saxophone); Takuya Nakamura, Steven Bernstein (trumpet); Clark Gayton (trombone, tuba); Paul Leschen (piano, organ).
DJ: David Waxman.
Audio Mixers: David Waxman; Neil Harris; Scissor Sisters.
Audio Remixer: Steve Walsh.
Arrangers: Hal Mooney; Lemon Jelly.
Like most of the releases in Ultra's Chilled series, this bases itself on the same premise: largely downtempo, loungey music geared towards late-night or early-morning periods of relaxation. However, what actually sets this two-disc set apart from its predecessors is that the makeup and track selection is quite diverse in scope. Trip-hop and breakbeats from Mocean Worker and Mr. Scruff start things off nicely, leading into more indie electronic territory courtesy of M83, the Postal Service (making a return appearance), Brazilian Girls and Scissor Sisters before taking a ninety degree turn by including legendary jazz vocalist Nina Simone's stirring "Feeling Good" to close out the first act. The second disc brings things back to more familiar Ultra Chilled territory. Staples such as Moby, Erasure and Wax Poetic float side by side with blues/hot hip-hop collective Sa-Ra and the classic Afro-Cuban sounds of Federico Aubele. Its erratic sequencing can be jarring at some points, but those celebrating the diversity and eclectic nature of downtempo music will be pleased at the wide diversity found here. ~ Rob Theakston
Be The First To Write A Review
Dance & Electronic
Ultra Records 1270
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright