CD 14 Cajun Hits (CD 351668),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
14 Cajun Hits
1. Grand Mamou - Dewey Balfa
2. Under the Green Oak Tree - D.L. Menard
3. Madeleine - Zachary Richard
4. Memoires dans Mon Coeur - Jesse Lege
5. Step It Fast - Joe Bonsall & Orange Playboys
6. Kaplan Waltz - Nathan Abshire/Dewey Balfa & The Balfa Brothers
7. Louisiana Two-Step - Cajun Tradition
8. Jolie Blonde - Jo-El Sonnier
9. Le Breakdown de LaFayette - Jambalaya Cajun Band
10. Light in Your Window, The - Paul Daigle/Robert Elkins & Cajun Gold
11. Bosco Stomp - Belton Richard
12. Heritage Waltz - Ivy Dugas/Phil Menard & La. Travelers
13. Marksville Two-Step - Burce Daigrepont
14. Tolam Waltz - Fred Charlie & Acadiana Cajuns
15. Ta Petite Robe Courte - Paul Daigle/Robert Elkins & Cajun Gold
16. Greener Grass on the Other Side of the Mountain - Johnnie Allan
17. Reel a Dennis McGee - Michael Doucet/Beausoleil
18. Drunkard's Sorrow Waltz - The Balfa Brothers
19. Cajun Saints Go Marching In - Harry Fontenot & Friends
20. You're So Easy to Love - Jim Olivier
21. Shamrock - Nathan Abshire
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 6079
Head west out of New Orleans, across Whiskey Bay, through the Atchafalaya Basin, into the wetlands of southwest Louisiana, and you are in Cajun country. Lafayette is the gateway to Acadiana, where the Cajun culture flourishes in towns such as Eunice, Mamou, Kinder, and Crowley. It is a place apart from the rest of the country. French is heard there; the language of music and laughter, food and drink is spoken. Coming from a proud heritage, the people have their own ways and traditions. It is from this place that the legends of Cajun music were born. They play at festivals and in the dancehalls where people gather on Saturday mornings for the all-day fais do-do, starting at Fred's and ending at clubs like Slim's Y-Ki-Ki Lounge. This CD makes a record of some of that music. It features old-time Cajun masters like fiddler Dewey Balfa and accordionist Nathan Abshire, and some of the newer ones, including the "Cajun Hank Williams," D.L. Menard, and Grammy award- winners Michael Doucet and Beausoleil. Many of the classics of the Cajun genre are played on the recording, such as Balfa's "Grand Mamou," "Drunkard's Sorrow Waltz" by the Balfa Brothers, and "Shamrock," played by Abshire. Zachary Richard sings of "Madeleine," and Bruce Daigrepont contributes with "Marksville Two Step." There are gems from Paul Daigle and Robert Elkins, and Belton Richard's "Boscoe Stomp." No compilation of Cajun music would be complete without the Cajun anthem, "Jolie Blonde," which is played by Jo-El Sonnier. This music is meant for dancing and enjoying life, which is the genius of the Cajun people. A listen to this record will have the toes tapping and the eyes smiling. ~ Rose of Sharon Witmer
Be The First To Write A Review
Swallow Records 6079
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.