CD Heartbeat: Voices of First Nations Women (CD 602218),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Heartbeat: Voices of First Nations Women
1. Mother Earth - Six Nations Women Singers
2. Bingo Song - Six Nations Women Singers
3. Ho Way Hey Yo - Six Nations Women Singers
4. Fish Dance Song - Joanne Shenandoah
5. I May Want a Man - Joanne Shenandoah
6. Taos Courting Flute Song - Lillian Rainer
7. Lakota Flute Song - Georgia Wettlin-Larsen
8. Ojibwa Love Charm Song - Georgia Wettlin-Larsen
9. Ojibwa Love Song - Georgia Wettlin-Larsen
10. War Mothers' Song - Anita Anquoe George
11. Bunny Hop Dance - Mary Ann Meanus/Verbena Green
12. Stick Game Song - Mary Ann Meanus/Verbena Green
13. Navajo Riding Song - Lillian Rainer
14. Let 'Em Talk - Sweethearts of Navajoland
15. One Woman's Man - Sweethearts of Navajoland
16. Lizard, His Song - Nancy Richardson
17. Panther, Her Song - Nancy Richardson
18. Kirk Dance Song - Nancy Richardson
19. Spotted Fawn Dance - Nancy Richardson
20. Mice and the Bad Angel, The - Betty Mae Jumper
21. Turtle's Song to the Wolf - Betty Mae Jumper
22. Glittler Nights - Geraldine Barney
23. Tsidii-Bird - Geraldine Barney
24. Honor Song for an Older Sister - Poldine Carlo
25. World War LL Honor Song - Poldine Carlo
26. Blessing Song - Cornelia Bowannie/Arliss Luna
27. Ange'in - Tewa Indian Women's Choir
28. Holy, Holy, Holy - Tewa Indian Women's Choir
29. Beautiful Mansion in the Sky - Betty Mae Jumper
30. Hallelujah - Betty Mae Jumper
31. Going Home - Ulali
32. Mother - Ulali
33. Northern Lights - Crying Woman Singers
34. Starwalker - Buffy Sainte-Marie
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 40415
Compilation producers: Howard Bass, Rayna Green.
Engineers: John Tyler (tracks 1-3, 7-9, 11-12, 16-19, 22, 31-32); Omega Studios (track 4); Chris Biondo (track 5); John Rainer, Jr. (tracks 6, 13); David Dunne (tracks 10, 20-21, 24-25, 29-30); Jack Loeffler (tracks 14-15, 23, 26-28); Ross Schmidt (track 33); Roger Jacobs, Ian Plested (track 34).
Includes liner notes by Rayna Green and Howard Bass.
HEARTBEAT: VOICES OF FIRST NATIONS WOMEN is a compilation of Native American women's music.
Liner Note Authors: Ranya Green; Howard Bass.
This spectrum of contemporary Native American women singers (and one instrumentalist) in music ranges from the strictly traditionalist to versions that have reworked tradition lightly, mostly through influences from the `60s folk movement -- Buffy St. Marie, who is somewhat emblematic of that process, contributes one song. ~ John Storm Roberts, Original Music
Entertainment Weekly (8/4/95, p.58) - "...From rough-hewn traditional chants to sleek folk-pop, HEARTBEAT's a majestic offering." - Rating: A
Be The First To Write A Review
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings 40415
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.