CD Traditional Greek Music: Monahi Zoume  (CD 6809847),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Traditional Greek Music: Monahi Zoume 
1. Monahi Zoume [We Live Alone]
2. Medley One: Glari/Ta Petalakia/Svise To Fos Na Kimithoume/Modistroulla/Ti Omorfi Pou Eisai Otan Kles/Faliryiotissa/To Tram To Telefteo/Apovradis Xekinisa/Ti Se Meli Esena Ki An Girno (Pende Hronia)/Ti Sou Kana Kai M'Ekateleipses/Ena Tragoudi Ap T'Alg
3. Mathe Pyia [Now Learn]
4. Marcians' Medley: Ah Helidoni Mou [Oh, My Swallow]/Pori Na Efiges [You Might Have Left]/Sta Heryia Sou Megalosan [In Your Hands They Grew]/Rixe Mia Zaryia Kali [Roll a Good Dice]
5. Na Xanarhondousan Xana [If Only They Came Back]
6. Medley Two: Perasmenes Mou Ayapes [Lovers from the Past]/Melahrini Tsingana Mou [My Dark Gypsy Girl]
7. Medley Three: Stou Volou Tis Akroyialies [On Volos Beach]/Mi Mou Les Yiati Xehnao [Don't Tell Me]
8. Medley Four: Ston Pirea Sinefyiase [It Is Cloudy Down at Pireas]/Horisame Ena Dilino [We Parted one Evening]/Eimaste Alania [We are Street Boys]/Apopse Stis Agroyialyes [Tonight on the Sea Shore]/Se Eida Na Kladeveis [I Watched You Pruning]/Sousourad
9. Kipros [Cyprus]
10. Medley Five: Apopse Kaneis Mpam [Tonight You Go BAM!]/Then Eimai Eyo O Giorgos Sou [Am I not your George?]/Eisai Fina Kai Maresis, Athineisa [You are Beautiful and I like you, Athineisa]/Ithella Na Mouna Pasas [I Want to be a Pasha]/Then Thello Pia [
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): EUCD2272
Liner Note Authors: Diz Heller; Chaz Kkoshi; Theodosis Hambi.
Recording information: Mixologist Studios, London, UK; Rialas Studios, London, UK; Shabby Road Studios, London, UK; Sugar Studios, London, UK.
Translators: Diz Heller; Jeannine Blanpain; Ute Entwistle.
The Marcians, in various pairings, have been playing Greek music since the 1960s. Founder Theo Hambi (or Kkoshi) still resides as the lead singer and bouzouki player in most of the recent recordings, with a backing band of younger players in support. On Monahi Zoume, the sound is largely stereotypical, bouzouki-driven, and lilting. Theo croons over the top of sweet and rumbling melodies. Though there are interludes of atypical sound (a twinkling piano from the realm of Mikis Theodorakis, for example), the album as a whole holds to the traditional, the rural, the joyous. The instrumentalists steal the show for much of the proceedings, turning what is otherwise simply a pleasant atmospheric album into a show of virtuosity. There are countless Greek folk albums available, but for a romanticized notion of what Greek music once was (or was once thought to be, perhaps), this outing from the Marcians is a fair starting point. ~ Adam Greenberg
Be The First To Write A Review
Arc Music EUCD2272
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.