CD A Concord Jazz Christmas, Vol. 2 (CD 107022),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
A Concord Jazz Christmas, Vol. 2
1. Christmas Medley: We Wish You a Merry Christmas/The First ... - Maynard Ferguson & Big Bop Nouveau
2. I'll Be Home for Christmas - Dennis Rowland
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Rickey Woodard
4. What Child Is This? (Greensleeves) - Ali Ryerson
5. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Marlena Shaw
6. Little Drummer Boy, The - Jeff Linsky
7. Winter Wonderland - Jack McDuff/John Hart
8. Silent Night - Gerald Wiggins :: Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht - Gerald Wiggins
9. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - Mary Stallings
10. O Tannenbaum (Oh Christmas Tree) - Jesse Davis/Allen Farnham :: Oh Christmas Tree - Jesse Davis/Allen Farnham
11. Villancico de Navidad - Carlos Barbosa-Lima
12. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Randy Sandke
13. Good King Wenceslas - Manfredo Fest
14. Spiritual Medley: Children Go Where I Send Thee/Go Tell It on the ... - Nnenna Freelon
15. We Three Kings of Orient Are - Sergio Salvatore
16. O Come All Ye Faithful - Chris Potter :: Adeste Fideles - Chris Potter
17. Christmas Song, The - Mel Torm (live)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 4720
John Burk; Carl Jefferson; Gregg Field; Heiner Stadler; Jeff Linsky; Luciano Salvatore; Allen Farnham; Maynard Ferguson; Nick Phillips; John Burk (Compilation)
Cookie Marenco; Cookie Moreno; Dominic Camardella; Atanas Baynov; Hatsuro Takanami; Jim Mooney; Alan Varner; Bernie Kirsh; Charlie Paakkari
Personnel: Dennis Rowland, Marlena Shaw, Mary Stallings, Mel Torm, Nnenna Freelon (vocals); Jeff Linsky (guitar, requinto); Howard Alden, John Hart , Ron Eschete, Carlos Barbosa-Lima (guitar); Phil Fest (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Ali Ryerson (flute); Jesse Davis (saxophone); Christopher Farr (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Matt Wallace , Matt Wallace (alto saxophone); Chris Potter , Rickey Woodard (tenor saxophone); Larry Foyen, Scott Englebright, Jack Sheldon, Maynard Ferguson, Randy Sandke , Carl Fischer (trumpet); Tom Garling (trombone); Dan Zank (piano, keyboards); David Hazeltine, Gerry Wiggins, Harold Danko, Manfredo Fest, Allen Farnham, Michael Lang , Sergio Salvatore, Bill Anschell, Cedar Walton (piano); Jack McDuff (organ); Phil Palombi (acoustic bass); Marko Marcinko, Dennis Mackrel, Humphrey, Gregg Field, Woody Williams, Clifford Barbaro, Jeff Hamilton , John Von Ohlen, Paul Humphrey , Portinho, Terry Clarke , Rudy Petschauer (drums); Michael Spiro (congas, bells).
Audio Mixers: Dominic Camardella; Gregg Field; Alan Varner; Phil Edwards ; Bernie Kirsh; Charles Paakkari .
Liner Note Author: Wayne Thompson.
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (08/24/1995-06/07/1996); Sage & Sound Studios, Hollywood, CA (08/24/1995-06/07/1996); Sound Design Studios, Santa Barbara, CA (08/24/1995-06/07/1996).
Photographers: David Ewart; Michael Collopy; Marc Norberg; Ron Schwerin; W.G. Harris; David Lubarsky; R. Andrew Lepley; Teri Bloom; Harry Wade; Bruce Burr; Sharyl Noday; Dave Fischer; Jorge Santana; Tar.
Unknown Contributor Role: Gerry Wiggins.
Arrangers: Bill Gaither ; Gloria Gaither; Marty Paich; Ronn Huff.
With the exception of a live version of Mel Torme singing "The Christmas Song" in 1988, all of the selections on this Christmas CD were recorded by various Concord artists from 1995-96. There is plenty of variety in both instrumentation and moods, yet the overall results are consistently pleasing, and there is lots of fine playing. Heard here are trumpeter Maynard Ferguson (performing a six-song "Christmas Medley"), singer Dennis Rowland, tenorman Rickey Woodard (romping through "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"), flutist Ali Ryerson, vocalist Marlena Shaw, guitarist Jeff Linsky, organist Jack McDuff, pianist Gerry Wiggins, singer Mary Stallings, altoist Jesse Davis, guitarist Carlos Barbosa-Lima, trumpeter Randy Sandke ("It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"), pianist Manfredo Fest, Nnenna Freelon (singing a couple of spirituals), pianist Sergio Salvatore, Chris Potter (taking "O Come All Ye Faithful" as an unaccompanied tenor solo), and Torme. ~ Scott Yanow
Be The First To Write A Review
Concord Jazz 4720
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright