CD Brazilian Beats [Bar de Lun] (CD 1091459),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Brazilian Beats [Bar de Lun]
1. Sounds of the Past - Rui Esprito-Santo
2. I've Got Love (Sweet Mix) - Karalina Moreira
3. Pure Sounds - Pure Sounds
4. Finally (Dance Mix) - Cecilia Ramos
5. Crazy For You - Andre Miguel
6. Alair (Dub) - Niro
7. In the Taberna (Love Mix) - Isabella Rocha
8. Rhythm of the Night (Hot Mix) - Jungle Jam
9. I See You (Lovers Dub) - Azeus
10. Una Poema - El Amigo
11. Prometer Me (Original Mix) - Elena Fraga
12. Algo Precious - Tiago
13. South-American Jewel - Xtianus
14. Get Up
15. Close (Clean Mix) - M.A.R.
16. Turn Around (Tri Star Mix) - Funky Hombres
17. Obsessed by Passion - Felicia Cruz
18. Loneliness (Original Version) - Danielis
19. Those Days - Zero
20. Booming Nights (Dark Blue Mix) - Lifestylers
21. Clear Tears - Visions
22. Summer Night Stars (Hot Late Dub) - Latino Collective
23. About a Girl - Adamus
24. Thing Will Never Be the Same Again - Lucia
25. Amante (Original Mix) - Party Lover
26. La Diva Dance (Original Mix) - Nova Musica
27. Cubaisland - Lora Vidaz
28. Flower of Life - Florals
29. Love War - Mambi Soldiers
30. Burning Passion (Deep Mix) - Francisca Guido
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 21
Latin music specialists Mr Bongo have assembled an overwhelming compilation in BRAZILIAN BEATS. Though it's probably targeted at the advanced listener, the disc is so diverse and consistently surprising that it's just as likely to ensnare the curious Brazilian music novice too.
Beginning with a trio of remixed heavily rhythmic tracks, the listener is transported to Rio via a house party. Airto Moreira's famous "Celebration Suite" is stripped to a dancefloor cut, a deliberate nod to both past and future. While other name artists appear--Jorge Ben's Afro-groove "Carolina Carol Beta" and Milton Banana's "Cidade Vazia" are present and correct--many of the delights come in the form of lost treasures. Tenorio Jr and Trio Mocato respectively highlight the breadth in Brazilian jazz and pop, its influence on Western pop, and the foreign elements it soaks up in return. Samba, bossa, mangue, even funk, and a wealth of complex regional styles engulf the listener throughout this collection.
The Wire (5/00, p.62) - "...Skowa & Mafia's cover of The Headhunter's 'Deus Me Faca Funky' and Anna Mazzoli's electro-shocked 'Eu Sou Mais Eu'. The best tracks...are those which stick to standard Brazilian blueprints..."
Muzik (3/01, p.70) - 5 out of 5 - "...It's always refreshing to sample a new genre....An excellent selection of music..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Bar de Lune (France) 21
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.