CD Female Blues Singers, Vol. 13: R/S (1921-1931) (CD 867346),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Female Blues Singers, Vol. 13: R/S (1921-1931)
1. I've Got the Right Man Now
2. I Never Loved But One Woman's Son
3. Little Joe - Laura Rucker
4. St. Louis Blues - Laura Rucker
5. I'm Craving for That Kind of Love - Gertrude Saunders
6. Daddy, Won't You Please Come Home - Gertrude Saunders
7. Potomac River Blues - Gertrude Saunders
8. Love Me - Gertrude Saunders
9. Don't Let Your Love Come Down - Gertrude Saunders
10. You Can't Have It Unless I Give It to You - Gertrude Saunders
11. Royal Garden Blues - Mary Stafford
12. Crazy Blues - Mary Stafford
13. I'm Gonna Jazz My Way Right Straight Thru Paradise - Mary Stafford
14. Down Where They Play the Blues - Mary Stafford
15. If You Don't Want Me Send Me to My Ma - Mary Stafford
16. Strut, Miss Lizzie - Mary Stafford
17. Wild Weeping Blues - Mary Stafford
18. I've Lost My Heart to the Meanest Girl in Town - Mary Stafford
19. Arkansas Blues - Mary Stafford
20. Down Home Blues - Mary Stafford
21. Blind Man Blues - Mary Stafford
22. Monday Morning Blues - Mary Stafford
23. Ain't Got Nobody to Grind My Coffee in the Morning - Mary Stafford
24. Take Your Fingers Off It - Mary Stafford
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 5517
Full title: Female Blues Singers: Complete Recorded Works: Vol. 13 (1921-31).
Personnel: Gertrude Saunders, Laura Rucker, Mary Stafford (vocals); Mike Pingatore (banjo); Ross Gorman (clarinet, alto saxophone); Ben Whittet, Ben Whitted, Bob Fuller, Buster Bailey (clarinet); Nelson Kincaid, Hale Byers (alto saxophone); Tommy Gott, Henry Busse (trumpet); Addington Major, Albert Foster, Charlie Gaines, Thomas Morris (cornet); Sammy Lewis , Earl Granstaff, James Reevy (trombone); Jack Barsby (tuba); Charlie Johnson & His Orchestra, Ferde Grof, Cass Simpson, Maceo Pinkard, Mike Jackson , Porter Grainger, Charlie Johnson (piano).
Audio Remasterer: Gerhard Wessely.
Liner Note Author: Dr. David Evans .
Recording information: Grafton, WI (1921-1931); N.Y.C., NY (1921-1931); New York, NY (1921-1931).
This CD has two songs apiece by a pair of obscure singers (Nettie Robinson and Laura Rucker) and the complete output of a couple early 1920s stage performers: Gertrude Saunders and Mary Stafford. Saunder's semi-operatic style is often unintentionally humorous, particularly on "I'm Craving for That Kind of Love." Mary Stafford (heard on 14 numbers, all but the final two from 1921) was an excellent singer as can be heard on early versions of such songs as "Royal Garden Blues," "Strut Miss Lizzie," and "Arkansas Blues." Stafford's singing is the main reason to acquire Vol. 13 in this 14-CD series. ~ Scott Yanow
Be The First To Write A Review
Document (USA) 5517
Allegro Corporation (Dist
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright