CD Harlem Blues [Acrobat] (CD 1049805),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Harlem Blues [Acrobat]
1. Down Hearted Blues - Bessie Smith
2. Atlanta Blues - Sara Martin
3. When a 'Gator Hollers Folks Say It's a Sign of Rain - Margaret Johnson
4. Murder in the First Degree - Victoria Spivey
5. Need More Blues - Leecan & Cooksey
6. Cross Eyed Blues - Helen Humes
7. North Bound Blues - Maggie Jones
8. He Likes It Slow - Butterbeans & Susie
9. Gone Dry Blues - Joshua "Pinetree Tom" White
10. Railroad Blues - Lem Johnson
11. I've Got Too Many Blues - Mabel Robinson
12. When the Breath Bids the Body Goodbye - Connie McLean
13. Whip It to a Jelly - Yack Taylor
14. Roll 'Em Pete - Joe Turner
15. Mr Freddie Blues - Beatrice Booze
16. Big "D" Blues - Hot Lips Page Trio
17. Boogie Woogie Girl, The - Christine Chatman
18. Albinia's Blues - Albinia Jones
19. Brownie's Guitar Boogie - Brownie McGhee
20. 4-F Blues - Rubberlegs Williams
21. Bad Whiskey and Women - Champion Jack Dupree
22. South West Pacific Blues - Sonny Boy & Lonnie
23. Water Trough Blues - Jelly Bell
24. Shake Your Stuff - Little Boy Fuller
25. Harlem Women - Hank Kilroy
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 155
Personnel: Lonnie Johnson (vocals, guitar, piano); Sam Bradley, Richard Trice, A. Smith, Louis Hayes (vocals, guitar); Robert Cooksey (vocals, harmonica); Lem Johnson (vocals, tenor saxophone); Hot Lips Page (vocals, trumpet); Christine Chatman, Champion Jack Dupree (vocals, piano); Susie Hawthorne, Jody "Butterbeans" Edwards, Hank Kilroy, Helen Humes, Rubberlegs Williams, Mabel Robinson, Beatrice Booze, Maggie Jones, Margaret Johnson, Sara Martin, Victoria Spivey, Yack Taylor (vocals); Mike Bryan, Alfred Martin, Ludowic Brown, William Lewis, Sam Allen, Leonard Ware, Alec Seward, Sylvester Weaver, Walter Beasley , Brownie McGhee (guitar); Buddy Christian , Johnny St. Cyr, Bobby Leecan (banjo); Sonny Terry (harmonica); Skeets Tolbert (clarinet, alto saxophone); Gene Sedric, Johnny Dodds (clarinet); Sidney Bechet (soprano saxophone); Connie McLean, Charlie Parker (alto saxophone); Don Byas, Ralph Bowden, Bill Moore Lucky Seven Band, David Young, Lucky Thompson (tenor saxophone); Carl "The Truth" Smith, Reginald Adams, Herman Autrey, Chubby Wright (trumpet); Tom Morris , Louis Armstrong (cornet); Kid Ory, Vic Dickenson, Trummy Young, Charlie Green (trombone); Clarence Williams, Clyde Hart, Mike Jackson and the Soul Providers, Pete Johnson & His Boogie Woogie Boys , Freddie Lee Jefferson, Fletcher Henderson, Melvin Merritt, Lil Armstrong, Walter Roland, Porter Grainger (piano); O'Neill Spencer, Hal West, Horace Washington, Hubert Pettaway, Alex Miller, Sticks Evans, Jesse Price, Specs Powell (drums); Bessie Smith (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Mike Rowe.
Recording information: Camden, NJ (02/16/1923-??/??/1948); New York, NY (02/16/1923-??/??/1948).
Director: Skeets Tolbert.
Be The First To Write A Review
Acrobat (USA) 155
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright