CD Jazz in the Charts, Vol. 14: Honeysuckle Rose 1932-1933 (CD 1210133),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Jazz in the Charts, Vol. 14: Honeysuckle Rose 1932-1933
1. Body and Soul - Louis Armstrong & His Sebastian New Cotton Club Orchestra
2. Shine - Louis Armstrong & His Sebastian New Cotton Club Orchestra
3. Hot Toddy - Cab Calloway & His Orchestra
4. I've Got the World on a String - Cab Calloway & His Orchestra
5. Underneath the Harlem Moon - Don Redman & His Orchestra
6. Underneath the Harlem Moon
7. After You've Gone - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
8. Underneath the Harlem Moon - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
9. Hobo, You Can't Ride This Train - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
10. I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - Cab Calloway & His Orchestra
11. Honeysuckle Rose - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
12. I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
13. (When It's) Darkness on the Delta
14. That's My Home - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
15. California, Here I Come - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra
16. Drop Me off at Harlem - Duke Ellington's Famous Orchestra
17. Stormy Weather - Ethel Waters
18. Sophisticated Lady - Duke Ellington's Famous Orchestra
19. Stormy Weather - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
20. Sophisticated Lady - Don Redman & His Orchestra
21. Jig Saw Puzzle Blues
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 223713
Personnel: Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet); Chick Bullock, Katherine Handy, Ethel Waters, Harlan Lattimore, Cab Calloway (vocals); Talcott Reeves, Bill Perkins (guitar, banjo); Dick McDonough, John Trueheart, Fred Guy (guitar); Harry Hoffman, Carroll Dickerson, Joe Venuti, Lou Kosloff, Walter Edelstein (violin); Benny Payne (cello, piano); Walter Thomas (flute, clarinet, tenor saxophone); Johnny Hodges (clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Eddie Barefield, Edmond Hall, Harry Carney, Otto Hardwick (clarinet, alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Jimmy Dorsey (clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet); Arville Harris, Edward Inge, George Oldham, Scoville Brown, Rupert Cole, Russell Procope (clarinet, alto saxophone); Larry Binyon, Jimmy Strong, Barney Bigard, Budd Johnson (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Les Hite (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Don Redman, Bert Curry, Hilton Jefferson, Crawford Wethington, Marvin Johnson (alto saxophone); Coleman Hawkins (tenor saxophone); Adrian Rollini (baritone saxophone, piano, vibraphone); Manny Klein, Sterling Bose, Cootie Williams, The Russell Smith Orchestra, Billy Hicks, Ovie Alston, Doc Cheatham, Edwin Swayzee, Langston Curl, Ellis Whiutlock, Harold Scott, Albert Snaer, Louis Hunt, Sylvester Lewis, Lamar Wright, Rex Stewart, Sidney DeParis, Arthur Whetsol, Zilner Randolph, Bobby Stark , Shirley Clay, Freddy Jenkins, Bunny Berigan (trumpet); De Priest Wheeler, Lawrence D. Brown, Fernando Arbello, Fred "Rodriguez" Robinson, Henry Wells, Benny Morton's All Stars, J.C. Higginbotham, Luther Graven, Joe "Tricky Sam" Nanton, Keg Johnson, Tommy Dorsey , Claude Jones, Charlie Green (trombone); Juan Tizol (valve trombone); Elmer James, Bill Oldham, Pete Briggs, Henry Turner, Joe Bailey, Bob Ysaquire, John Kirby (tuba); Claude Hopkins, Henry Prince, Fletcher Henderson, Fulton McGrath, Joe Meresco, Horace Henderson, Phil Wall (piano); Lionel Hampton, Manzie Johnson (vibraphone, drums); Chick Webb, Walter Johnson Jr., Pete Jacobs, Sonny Greer, Zutty Singleton, Yank Porter (drums); Mezz Mezzrow (bells).
Recording information: Camden, NJ (11/26/1929-05/16/1933); Chicago, IL (11/26/1929-05/16/1933); Los Angeles, CA (11/26/1929-05/16/1933); New York, NY (11/26/1929-05/16/1933).
Translator: Steven Clark.
Arrangers: Claude Hopkins; Don Redman; Fletcher Henderson; Horace Henderson.
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.