CD Jazz in the Charts, Vol. 24: Goody Goody 1936 (CD 1282234),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Jazz in the Charts, Vol. 24: Goody Goody 1936
1. Thanks a Million - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
2. It's Been So Long - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
3. Swanee River (Old Folks at Home) - Jimmie Lunceford & His Orchestra
4. Please Believe Me - Wingy Manone & His Orchestra
5. I Hope Gabriel Likes My Music - Louis Armstrong & His Orchestra
6. Little Rendezvous in Honolulu, A - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
7. I've Got My Fingers Crossed - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
8. Sing an Old Fashioned Song (To a Young Sophisticated Lady) - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
9. I'm Getting Sentimental Over You - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
10. Goody Goody - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
11. West Wind - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
12. Lovley Lady - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
13. Life Begins When You're in Love - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
14. Nickel in the Slot - Wingy Manone & His Orchestra
15. Isn't Love the Strangest Thing? - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
16. Wake Up and Sing
17. I'se a Muggin' - Stuff Smith & His Onyx Club Boys
18. It's Been So Long - Bunny Berigan & His Boys
19. Goody Goody
20. Love Is Like a Cigarette - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra
21. Christopher Columbus
22. Christopher Columbus - Andy Kirk & His Twelve Clouds of Joy
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 223723
Personnel: Nappy Lamare (vocals, guitar); Woody Herman (vocals, clarinet, alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Louis Armstrong, Wingy Manone (vocals, trumpet); Fats Waller (vocals, piano); Chick Bullock, Helen Ward, Ivie Anderson (vocals); Eddie Durham (guitar, trombone); James "Hal" Smith , Dave Barbour, George Wartner, Al Norris, Mac Cheikes, Jack Blanchette, William Schaffer, Allan Reuss, Bobby Bennett, Fred Guy, Carmen Mastren (guitar); Stuff Smith, Eddie Stone (viol); Juan Tizol (violin, trombone); Johnny Hodges (clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Harry Carney, Otto Hardwick (clarinet, alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Dan Grissom, Sid Stoneburn, Gil Rodin, Victor Hauprich, Matty Matlock, Milt Yaner (clarinet, alto saxophone); Gene Cedric, Joe "Cornbread" Thomas (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Joe Marsala, Barney Bigard, Benny Goodman (clarinet); Clyde Rounds (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Laforest Dent, Noni Bernardi, Bill DePew, Tom Mace, Hymie Schertzer (alto saxophone); Arthur Rollini, Sid Block, Saxie Mansfield, Forrest Crawford, Herbie Haymer, Clark Dick, Ben Webster, Bud Freeman (tenor saxophone); Andy Kirk & His Clouds of Joy (bass saxophone); Andrew Ferretti, Cliff Weston, Sterling Bose, Nate Kazebier, Ralph Muzillo, Harry Geller, Clarence Willard, Chelsea Quealey, Cootie Williams, Earl Thomson, Louis "King" Garcia, Harry Lawson , Philip Hart , Herman Autrey, Johnny Carlson, Eddie Tompkins, Joe Bauer , Jonah Jones, Arthur Whetsol, Sy Oliver, Yank Lawson, Bill Graham, Bunny Berigan (trumpet); Rex Stewart (cornet); Mark Bennett , Lawrence D. Brown, Joe Ortolano, George Brunies, Russell Bowles, Henry Wells, Joe Harris , Ben Pickering, Artie Foster, Dave Jacobs, Ward Silloway , Morey Samuel, Ted Donnelly, Elmer Crumbley, Tommy Dorsey , Red Ballard (trombone); Edwin Wilcox (piano, celesta); Paul Ricci, Duke Ellington, Frank Signorelli, Dick Jones , Harold "Hal" Smith, Raymond Smith, Gil Bowers, James Noble, Jess Stacy, Joe Bushkin, Adrian Rollini, Mary Lou Williams, Paul Mitchell (piano); Jimmy Crawford (vibraphone, drums); John Washington, Gene Krupa, Walter Lageson, Ray Bauduc, Sonny Greer, Ben Thigpen, Yank Porter, Sam Rosen (drums).
Recording information: New York, NY (01/15/1935-03/07/1936).
Translator: Steven Clark.
Arrangers: Noni Bernardi; Sy Oliver.
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.