CD Jazz in the Charts, Vol. 27: Summertime 1936 (CD 1210145),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Jazz in the Charts, Vol. 27: Summertime 1936
1. These Foolish Things - Teddy Wilson
2. Bughouse - Red Norvo & His Swing Octet
3. You're Not the Kind - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
4. Stomping at the Savoy - Chick Webb & His Orchestra
5. These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You) - Joe Sanders & His Orchestra
6. On the Beach at Bali Bali
7. Swingtime in the Rockies
8. It's Like Reaching for the Moon - Teddy Wilson
9. In a Sentimental Mood - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
10. Black Raspberry Jam - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
11. Did I Remember? - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
12. (It Will Have to Do) Until the Real Thing Comes Along
13. Bye-Bye, Baby - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
14. (It Will Have to Do) Until the Real Thing Comes Along - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
15. Until Today - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
16. No Regrets - Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra
17. Summertime - Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra
18. Bye-Bye, Baby - Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra
19. Organ Grinder's Swing - Frank Froeba & His Swing Band
20. My Melancholy Baby - Teddy Wilson
21. Moonglow - Benny Goodman Quartet
22. Curse of an Aching Heart, The - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 223726
Personnel: Bunny Berigan (vocals, trumpet); Fats Waller, Joe Sanders & His Orchestra (vocals, piano); Edythe Wright, Ella Fitzgerald, Midge Williams, Billie Holiday (vocals); William McLemore, Bob Lessey, Buford "Boof" Turner, Lawrence Lucie, Allan Reuss, Bobby Bennett, Albert Casey, Carmen Mastren (guitar); Joe Dixon , Buster Bailey (clarinet, alto saxophone); Gene Sedric, Bob Bunch, Bud Freeman (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Haywood Henry (clarinet, baritone saxophone); Joe Marsala, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman (clarinet); Charlie Barnet (soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Bill DePew, William "Cat" Johnson, Scoops Carey, Clyde Rounds, Johnny Hodges, Tab Smith, Hymie Schertzer (alto saxophone); Chu Berry, Arthur Rollini, Clark Dick, Joe Garland (tenor saxophone); Gordon Griffin, Nate Kazebier, Irving Goodman, Erskine Hawkins, Sam Skolnick, George Kennedy, Herman Autrey, Marcellus Green, Kermit Simmons, Joe Bauer , Joe Thomas , Jonah Jones, Pee Wee Erwin, Roy Eldridge, Sammy Lowe, Dick Vance (trumpet); John Doyle , Fernando Arbello, Ben Pickering, J.C. Higginbotham, Edward Sims, Red Bone, Robert Range, Joe Hostetter, Murray McEachern, Tommy Dorsey , Ed Cuffee, Red Ballard (trombone); Edgar Hayes, Frank Froeba, Dick Jones , Horace Diaz, Horace Henderson, Jess Stacy, Joe Bushkin (piano); Lionel Hampton (vibraphone); O'Neill Spencer, Cozy Cole, Gene Krupa, James Morrison , Big Sid Catlett, Slick Jones, Yank Porter (drums).
Recording information: Chicago, IL (05/18/1934-08/27/1936); Hollywood, CA (05/18/1934-08/27/1936); New York, NY (05/18/1934-08/27/1936).
Translator: Steven Clark.
Arrangers: Fletcher Henderson; Jimmy Mundy.
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.