CD Swing and Dance with Frank Sinatra (CD 396457),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Swing and Dance with Frank Sinatra
1. Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night in the Week) - (previously unreleased, alternate take, featuring Arthur Baker)
2. All of Me - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
3. I've Got a Crush on You - (previously unreleased, alternate take, featuring Bobby Hackett)
4. Hucklebuck, The - (featuring Herbie Haymer)
5. It All Depends on You - (previously unreleased, alternate take, featuring Wolfe Taninbaum)
6. Bye Bye Baby - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
7. All of Me - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
8. Should I? - (featuring Babe Russin)
9. You Do Something to Me - (featuring Babe Russin/Ernie Caceres)
10. Lover - (featuring Ken Lane/George Arus)
11. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles with You)
12. It's Only a Paper Moon
13. My Blue Heaven
14. Continental, The - (featuring Billy Butterfield)
15. Meet Me at the Copa
16. Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You) - (featuring Billy Butterfield)
17. There's Something Missing
18. Farewell, Farewell to Love
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 64852
Didier C. Deutsch; Charles Granata; Didier C. Deutsch (Compilation); Charles Granata (Compilation)
Liner notes by Charles Granata.
Personnel includes : Bobby Hackett (cornet); Billy Butterfield (trumpet);
George Arus (trombone); Arthur Baker (clarinet); Babe Russin, Herbie Haymer, Wolf Tanninbaum (tenor saxopone); Ernie Caceres (baritone saxophone); Ken Lane (piano); The Pastels, The Whippoorwills.
Arrangements by George Sivaro.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Frank Sinatra (vocals); Frank Sinatra; Arthur Baker (clarinet); Artie Baker (clarinet); Herbie Haymer, Babe Russin, Wolfe Taninbaum (tenor saxophone); Ernie Caceres (baritone saxophone); Billy Butterfield (trumpet); Bobby Hackett (cornet); George Arus (trombone); Ken Lane (piano); Harry James & His Orchestra, Skylarks.
Liner Note Author: Charles Granata.
Recording information: 12/01/1944-07/19/1951.
Author: Frank Sinatra.
Directors: George Siravo; Harry James; Axel Stordahl; Hugo Winterhalter.
Photographer: Charles Granata.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Skylarks; Matt Cavaluzzo; Larry Keyes; The Whippoorwills.
Arranger: George Siravo.
Of the nearly 300 tunes Sinatra recorded for Columbia in the 1940s, suprisingly few were "swing" or rhythm numbers. By 1950, his career faltering, the still-striving singer was looking for a new start. Columbia had just brought out their new Long Playing (LP) record format and an extended recording session was scheduled, featuring up-tempo arrangements by specialist George Sirvano. Sinatra's voice was in such bad shape from neglect, however, that producer Mitch Miller simply turned off the vocal mike and recorded just the orchestra which the singer later tracked in secret session (such practices being against union rules).
No matter. The resulting eight-song LP was originally issued as SING AND DANCE WITH FRANK SINATRA, a new musical direction further developed only when the singer signed with Capitol Records a full three years later. This meticulously restored collection expands upon the original LP with 10 other Sirvano arrangements from the Columbia years, including the always fresh "I've Got A Crush on You" as well as "The Hucklebuck," derived" from Charlie Parker's "Now's the Time" and about as close to rock & roll as Frank Sinatra (or Charlie Parker) would ever get.
Be The First To Write A Review
Columbia (USA) 64852
Sony Music Distribution (
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright