CD The Essential [Remaster] [Ted Weems] (CD 894050),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Essential [Remaster] [Ted Weems]
0. DISC 1:
1. Somebody Stole My Gal
2. Nine O'Clock Sal
3. Blue Rose
4. I'm All Broken up Over You
5. Big Boy!
6. Savannah (The Georgianna Blues)
7. Red Nose Pete
8. Traveling Blues (An Indigo Wail)
9. If I Ever Cry (You'll Never Know)
11. Oh! If I Only Had You
12. She Belongs to Me
13. My Cutey's Due at Two to-Two to-Day
14. I'm Going to Park Myself in Your Arms
15. That's My Girl
16. Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken (Lay a Little Egg For Me)
17. She's Got 'It'
18. Miss Annabelle Lee (Who's Wonderful, Who's Marvellous)
20. She'll Never Find a Fellow Like Me - (previously unreleased)
21. From Saturday Night 'Till Monday Morning
23. Everybody Loves My Girl
24. He's Tall and Dark and Handsome
25. Nothin' on My Mind (But the Moonlight, The Starlight, And You
0. DISC 2:
1. Who Wouldn't Be Blue?
2. (You're Just a Great Big) Baby Doll
3. If You Want the Rainbow (You Must Have the Rain)
4. Come On, Baby!
5. Found You 'Out' When I Found You 'In' Somebody Else's Arms
6. You're the Cream in My Coffee
7. Me and the Man in the Room
8. My Troubles Are Over
9. Sophomore Prom
10. I Don't Want Your Kisses (If I Can't Have Your Love)
11. Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Night
12. What a Day!
13. Piccolo Pete
14. Miss Wonderful
15. Remarkable Girl
16. Harmonica Harry
17. Man From the South, The (With a Big Cigar in His Mouth)
18. Talk of the Town
19. Collegiate Love
20. Mysterious Mose
21. Slappin' the Bass
22. Washing Dishes (With My Sweetie)
23. Sing (A Happy Little Thing)
24. You Never Did That Before - (previously unreleased)
25. Girl Friend of a Boy Friend of Mine, A
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 79034
Chris Ellis (Compilation)
Personnel: Orchestra Members, Arthur Jarrect, Parker Ibbs, Parker Gibbs (vocals); Arthur Jarrett (guitar); Morton Parker, Arhtur Jarrett, Mark Fisher (banjo); Hi L. Wynne, Hi L. Lynne (trumpet); Carl Workman (trombone); Joe 'Country' Washburrse (tuba); Dick Cuncliffe, Dick Cunliffe (horns); Dewey Bergman (piano); Joe 'Country' Washburne (bass guitar); Ormand Downes, Dusty Roads (drums); Paul Creedon, Charles Stenroos, Thales Taylor, Thomas Parker Gibbs, John Roger O'Brien, Bill Comfort, Louis Therman, Merrill Connor, Harry Turner, Sam Olver, Arther Jarrett, Norman Nugent, Francis Buggy, Walter Livingston, Reuel Kenyon, Cecil Richardson, Louis Terman, Carl Agee, Don Watt, Dudley Fosdick, Art Weems, Ted Weems, Weston Vaughan, George Barth, Thomas Parker, Charles Gaylord (unknown instrument); Eddie King .
Audio Remasterers: Harry Coster; Wil Hesen.
Ted Weems is best known for having the hit "Heartaches" and leading a fine sweet-based big band during the 1930s and '40s that during one period featured the vocals of Perry Como. However, in the 1920s, Weems' orchestra was the definitive dance band, performing everything with a strong jazz flavor and concise solos, yet always being melodic and accessible to a wider audience. This two-CD set expertly sums up Weems' prime jazz period, starting with his 1923 hit version of "Somebody Stole My Gal," followed by nine songs from 1924-1925. The band really found its sound in 1926, and the second disc in this reissue covers Weems' peak period of 1928-1930. Along the way are such songs as "Big Boy," "Siberia," "She's Got 'It'," "Miss Annabelle Lee," "What a Day" (a gem), the hit "Piccolo Pete," "Miss Wonderful," "Harmonica Harry," and "A Girl Friend of a Boy Friend of Mine." None of the soloists (best known was clarinetist Don Watt) became famous, but their musicianship was high and the vocals of Parker Gibbs and Arthur Jarrett are not difficult to take. ~ Scott Yanow
Be The First To Write A Review
Retrieval Recordings 79034
Allegro Corporation (Dist
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright