CD Live and Swingin': The Ultimate Rat Pack Collection (CD 532542),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Live and Swingin': The Ultimate Rat Pack Collection
1. Fanfare Introduction
2. Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes / When You're Smiling / The Lady Is A Tramp
3. I Left My Heart in San Francisco
4. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter
5. Volare / On An Evening In Roma
6. Goody Goody
8. When Your Lover Has Gone
10. Please Be Kind
11. You're Nobody till Somebody Loves You
12. What Kind of Fool Am I
13. Out of This World
14. She's Funny That Way
15. Hey There
17. Brazil / You Are Too Beautiful / Cecilia (Does Your Mother Know You're Out) / Love Walked In / You Made Me Love You / Nothing Could Be Finer / Please Be Kind / Dancing With Tears In My Eyes / Maria / Try A Little Tenderness / Swing Low Sweet Chariot
18. I Can't Give You Anything But Love / Too Marvelous For Words / Pennies From Heaven / A Foggy Day / Embraceable You / The Lady Is A Tramp / Where Or When
20. Birth of the Blues
21. Danny Thomas Introduction
22. Nancy (With the Laughing Face)
23. Me and My Shadow
24. Sam's Song
25. Birth of the Blues - (reprise)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 73922
Full performer name: Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin/Sammy Davis Jr.
This release includes a bonus DVD.
Personnel includes: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr. (vocals).
Producers: Robert Finkelstein, Charles Pignone, Elliot Mazer.
Recorded live at The Villa Venice Night Club, Chicago, Illinois between November 26 & December 2, 1962. Includes liner notes by Bill Zehme.
In 2001, THE RAT PACK LIVE AT THE SANDS was released, a live album from the early 1960s capturing the onstage antics of notorious cohorts Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Dean Martin. Two years later, THE ULTIMATE RAT PACK COLLECTION picks up where its predecessor left off. Disc One features a different live recording from the same era, capturing the trio in all their martini-swilling glory. The second disc is a DVD of another performance from a few years later. Even though the video finds the Rat Pack nearing the end of its tether in 1965, the chemistry and onstage dynamism is just as remarkable.
Both discs feature the three singers performing both alone and together, and engaging in plenty of clowning around with each other. The DVD is heavier on classic Sinatra tunes, but the first disc has even more Dean-and-Frank schtick. That said, the footage of Sammy running through "One for My Baby" in the styles of about a dozen different singers is an uproarious moment, and to see the three men in action together is to truly understand the nature of both their artistic powers and their personal appeal.
Be The First To Write A Review
Music & Arts
The Rat Pack
CD & DVD
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you seen this movie?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.