CD Early Girls, Vol. 2 (CD 113234),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Early Girls, Vol. 2
1. My Boy Lollipop - Barbie Gaye
2. Tell Him - The Exciters
3. Our Day Will Come - Ruby & the Romantics
4. Boy Next Door, The - The Secrets
5. Every Beat of My Heart - The Pips
6. You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore
7. Street, The - Terry & The Tunisians
8. Bobby's Girl - Marcie Blane
9. Sugartime - The McGuire Sisters
10. Cry Baby - Bonnie Sisters
11. Tonight You Belong to Me - Patience and Prudence
12. Kind of Boy You Can't Forget, The - The Raindrops
13. Fever - Peggy Lee
14. September in the Rain - Dinah Washington
15. I'll Save the Last Dance for You - Damita Jo
16. Teach Me Tiger - April Stevens
17. I Just Don't Understand - Ann-Margret/The Jordanaires
18. I Met Him on a Sunday - The Shirelles
19. Lonely Blue Nights - Rosie & the Originals
20. Forgive Me (For Giving You Such a Bad Time) - Babs Tino
21. Thousand Stars, A - Kathy Young & the Innocents
22. Let Me In - The Sensations
23. Well, I Told You - The Chantels
24. Lonely Nights - The Hearts
25. Duchess of Earl - The Pearlettes
26. Move On - The Blossoms
27. Letter Full of Tears - Gladys Knight & the Pips
28. What's a Matter Baby (Is It Hurting You) - Timi Yuro
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 657
Compilation producers: John Broven, Trevor Churchill, Rob Finnis.
Recorded between 1955 & 1963. Includes liner notes by Rob Finnis.
Personnel: Peggy Lee (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Rob Finnis.
Photographers: Malcolm Baumgart; Mick Patrick.
This is a delightful 28-track compilation encompassing solo artists, girl groups and male backing groups fronted by a female lead singer. This second volume plows turf similar to the first, with an emphasis on Hot 100 hits like "Tell Him" by the Exciters, "Our Day Will Come" by Ruby and the Romantics, "Every Beat of My Heart" by the Pips, "Bobby's Girl" by Marcie Blaine, "A Thousand Stars" by Kathy Young, "Let Me In" by the Sensations, "Tonight You Belong to Me" by Patience and Prudence, and "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore. But just as important to the big picture are left-field delights like Barbie Gaye's 1956 original of "My Boy Lollipop," Rosie and the Originals' Highland Records version of "Lonely Blue Nights," Terry and the Tunisians' "The Street," Babs Tino's "Forgive Me (For Giving You Such a Hard Time)" and Ann-Margret's "I Just Don't Understand," replete with early fuzztone guitar, backup from the Jordanaires and harmonica from Charlie McCoy. Selections from Peggy Lee ("Fever"), the Raindrops ("The Kind of Boy You Can't Forget"), the McGuire Sisters ("Sugartime"), the Bonnie Sisters ("Cry Baby"), April Stevens ("Teach Me Tiger"), and the Shirelles ("I Met Him On a Sunday") round out this excellent -- though wildly scattershot -- package. ~ Cub Koda
Be The First To Write A Review
Ace (Label) 657
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright