CD Fabulous Flips (CD 116922),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
1. Slow Down - Larry Williams (B-Side "Dizzy Miss Lizzy")
2. Give Me Love - Rosie & the Originals (B-Side "Angel Baby")
3. Leroy - Jack Scott (B-Side "My True Love")
4. I Wonder If I Care as Much - The Everly Brothers (B-Side "Bye Bye Love")
5. Sweetheart Plase Don't Go - The Gladiolas (B-Side "Little Darlin'")
6. Miss Ann - Little Richard (B-Side "Jenny Jenny")
7. Crazy - Hollywood Flames (B-Side "Buzz Buzz Buzz")
8. Train to Nowhere - The Champs (B-Side "Tequila")
9. My Little Girl - The Crescendos (B-Side "Oh Julie")
10. What'cha Gonna Do? - Kuf-Linx (B-Side "So Tough")
11. Did You Cry - Dicky Doo & the Don'ts (B-Side "Click Clack")
12. Can It Be - The Titans (B-Side "Don't You Just Know It")
13. Swag, The - Link Wray (B-Side "Rumble")
14. She's the One for Me - The Aquatones (B-Side of "You")
15. Flippin' - Rene Hall (B-Side "Twitchy")
16. Gotta Getta Date - Jan & Arnie (B-Side "Jennie Lee")
17. Over and Over - Bobby Day
18. One Night, One Night - The Skyliners (B-Side "Since I Don't Have You")
19. Beside You - The Crests (B-Side "16 Candles")
20. Crazy Baby - The Rockin' R's (B-Side "The Beat")
21. Rock & Roll Cha Cha - The Eternals (B-Side "Rockin' In The Jungle")
22. Love Me as I Love You - Dave "Baby" Cortez (B-Side "The Happy Organ")
23. Taking Care of Business - Titus Turner (B-Side "We Told You Not To Marry")
24. Last Night I Dreamed - The Fiestas (B-Side "So Fine")
25. Sweet Think - Billy Bland (B-Side "Let The Little Girl Dance")
26. My Babe - Ron Holden (B-Side "Love You So")
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 444
Performers include: Little Richard, The Everly Brothers, Aquatones, Link Wray, Larry Williams.
Compilation producer: John Broven.
Contains 26 tracks.
Composer: Jon Broven.
The concept driving this 26-cut compilation is to take the B-sides of 26 early rock and roll hits from the 1950s and early '60s. Some good songs were placed on these flipsides, and some of the ones anthologized here (Larry Williams' "Slow Down," Jack Scott's rockabilly stormer "Leroy," the Everlys' "I Wonder If I Care As Much," Bobby Day's "Over and Over") made a deservedly substantial impact in their own right. But there's a reason that most B-sides are B-sides; little here stands up to the well-known hits on the top, or is even worthy of belated recognition by collectors. In fact, most of this is formulaic (if spirited) early rock & roll, and the random mix-and-match of rockabilly, doo-wop, instrumentals, and R&B by Little Richard, Link Wray, the Skyliners, and a bunch of one-shots makes for jumpy listening. ~ Richie Unterberger
Be The First To Write A Review
Ace (Label) 444
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.