CD Hard to Find 45's on CD, Vol. 10: 1960-1965 (CD 1182985),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Hard to Find 45's on CD, Vol. 10: 1960-1965
1. Venus in Blue Jeans - Jimmy Clanton
2. Sacred - The Castells
3. Enamorado - Keith Colley
4. Talk to Me - Sunny & the Sunglows
5. Cherry Pie - Skip & Flip
6. Stop and Think It Over - Dale & Grace
7. Little Band of Gold - James Gilreath
8. That Stranger Used to Be My Girl - Trade Martin
9. It Hurts to Be Sixteen - Andrea Carroll
10. Baby Blue - The Echoes
11. (There Was A) Tall Oak Tree - Dorsey Burnette
12. So This Is Love - The Castells
13. Take Good Care of Her - Adam Wade
14. There She Goes - Jerry Wallace
15. Mission Bell - Donnie Brooks
16. Comin' Down with Love - Mel Gadson
17. Mountain of Love - Harold Kenneth Dorman
18. If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody - James Ray
19. Heartbreak (It's Hurtin' Me) - Jon Thomas
20. Ruby Duby Du - Tobin Mathews & Co.
21. Misery - The Dynamics
22. She's About a Mover - The Sir Douglas Quintet (New Stereo Mix)
23. Roses Are Red My Love - The You Know Who Group
24. One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart) - Barry Young
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 11528
Tom Daly; Bill Buster
Audio Mixer: Mark Matthews.
Liner Note Author: Greg Adams .
Recording information: 1960-1965.
These Hard to Find '45s collections from Eric records are flat-out great. They are crazy good, and Vol. 10: 1960-1965 is no exception. In typical Eric style, the songs on Vol. 10 range from the good to the great, and the extensive liner notes make for absolutely fascinating reading. From crooner Adam Wade's decision to drop a career in biochemistry to pursue singing and acting, to the rumor that Barry Young sounded so much like Dean Martin that Dino used his considerable Ratpack power to squelch Young's career before it had a chance to really take off, the liner notes are so much fun that they hold equal entertainment value with the music. That's a high compliment, too, since the music here is so darn good. Andrea Carroll's achingly cute "It Hurts to Be Sixteen," Dorsey Burnette's goofily religious "There Was A (Tall Oak Tree)," Harold Dorman's own take on his mega-hit (for everyone else) "Mountain of Love," James Ray's sweet and swaggering "If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody" and Detroit's Dynamics' exuberant roof-raiser "Misery" are all fantastic and absolutely required listening. All of the tunes have been lovingly remastered and sound better here than anywhere else. Kudos to the folks at Eric for taking the time and care to present these songs in the best possible light. Indispensable. ~ J. Scott McClintock
Be The First To Write A Review
Eric Records 11528
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.