CD Super Lungs: The Complete Studio Recordings (CD 938912),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Super Lungs: The Complete Studio Recordings
0. DISC 1:
1. It's Gonna Be Morning - (previously unreleased, mono)
2. I'll Take Good Care of You - (previously unreleased, mono)
3. Funny How Time Slips Away - (previously unreleased, mono)
4. Just Walk in My Shoes - (previously unreleased, mono)
5. Hand Don't Fit the Glove, The - (mono)
6. This Time - (mono)
7. Better by Far - (mono)
8. Fire's Alive - (mono)
9. Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
10. Tinker Taylor
12. Without Expression
14. Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart
15. Season of the Witch
16. Writing on the Wall - Summertime Blues
17. When I Get Home
18. Loving Time
19. Without Expression (2003 Mix) - (remix)
0. DISC 2:
1. Superlungs My Supergirl
2. Silver White Light
4. Marking Time
5. Stay with Me Baby
6. Highway 61 Revisited/Friends/Highway 61 Revisited
7. May Fly
8. Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
9. Rich Kid Blues
10. Highway 61 Revisited (2003 Mix) - (remix)
11. Funny How Time Slips Away [First 'Demo' Version] - (previously unreleased, mono)
12. I'll Take Good Care of You [First 'Demo' Version] - (previously unreleased, mono)
13. Ain't That Peculiar - (previously unreleased)
14. I've Got News for You - (previously unreleased)
15. Summer Sequence - (previously unreleased)
16. Zodiac Blues - (previously unreleased)
17. Penny - (previously unreleased)
18. Rich Old Lady - (previously unreleased)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 577144
Personnel: Terry Reid (vocals, guitar); Bill Bonham (flute, saxophone, keyboards); Brian Hayward (trumpet); Peter Solley (keyboards); Peter Jay, Keith Webb (drums).
Audio Mixer: Peter Mew.
Audio Remasterer: Peter Mew.
Liner Note Author: Peter Doggett.
Recording information: Abbey Road Studio 2 (11/17/1966-04/20/1969); De Lane Lea (11/17/1966-04/20/1969); EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England (11/17/1966-04/20/1969).
Most of the contents of Super Lungs: The Complete Studio Recordings -- most especially the albums Bang, Bang You're Terry Reid and Terry Reid -- will be familiar to the singer's fans, and may dissuade people from picking up this double-CD set. That would be a shame, however, in view of the other material that is here -- starting with his work with Peter Jay & the Jaywalkers, which opens disc one and dates from well before his solo debut, Reid reveals himself as an extraordinarily (jaw-droppingly good, in fact) soul singer, with range, power, charisma, and taste, even on those early sides, and the package is extended into genuinely uncharted territory with a half-dozen newly discovered, newly mixed outtakes from Bang, Bang You're Terry Reid, and two tracks from Reid's first recording session in 1966, "Funny How Time Slips Away" (which is almost worth the price of the double-CD set by itself) and "I'll Take Good Care of You." The sound quality is spot-on perfect, state of the art, the annotation by Peter Doggett is entertaining and informative, and the whole package is some of the best British-spawned soul and R&B that one can find. ~ Bruce Eder
Entertainment Weekly - "...Those lungs were super indeed." - Grade: B+
Be The First To Write A Review
EMI Music Distribution 5771442
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright