CD That'll Flat Git It!, Vol. 11  (CD 1206292),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
That'll Flat Git It!, Vol. 11 
1. All the Time - Sleepy LaBeef
2. Love Bug Crawl - Jimmy Edwards
3. That's My Reward - Billy Wallace/Bama Drifters
4. Wild Mind, (I've Changed My) - Johnny T Talley
5. You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss
6. Slip Slip Slippin' In - Eddie Bond & The Stompers
7. Done Gone - George & Earl
8. Draggin' - Curtis Gordon
9. What'll I Do - Billy Wallace & Bama Drifters
10. You Don't Know My Mind - Roy Moss
11. Let's Get Wild - Rudy Grayzell
12. Flip Flop Mama - Eddie Bond & The Stompers
13. Yes I Do - Royce Porter
14. You're the One That Done It - Thomas Wayne
15. Burning the Wind - Billy Wallace
16. Mobile Alabama - Curtis Gordon
17. Corrine, Corrina - Roy Moss
18. Boppin' Bonnie - Eddie Bond & The Stompers
19. Lonesome Train - Johnny T Talley
20. I Can't Help It - Bing Day
21. Mean, Mistreatin' Baby - Billy Wallace & Bama Drifters
22. Better Stop, Look and Listen - George & Earl
23. Maybelle - Jackie Cray
24. Sitting on Top of the World - Curtis Gordon
25. Born to Love One Woman - Don Johnston
26. Rock-a-Bye Baby Rock - Connie Dycus
27. Sugar Doll - Johnny Jay
28. You Nearly Lose Your Mind - Roy Moss
29. Dance Me to Death - Hi-Liters/Joe Franklin
30. Rockin' Daddy - Eddie Bond & The Stompers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 16101
Performers include: Sleepy LaBeef, Eddie Bond, Rudy Grayzell.
Another entry in Bear Family's excellent label by label retrospective of rockabilly's best, this one featuring 30 tracks of ground-floor boppin' billies from the stable of Mercury Records. Unlike Sun Records (and few others), there was no defined sound or production to the label's rockabilly output; masters came from Memphis, Chicago, Nashville, Houston, Fort Worth, and even New York City on this collection. Mercury never really had a strong commitment to their country division, and as rockabilly was the rhythm branch of that division, none of these records even remotely became hits. Eddie Bond and Roy Moss end up being the big names here, with each artists represented by four tracks each, accounting for over 25-percent of the album's content. But stellar one-offs by Thomas Wayne ("You're the One That Done It"), Rudy Grayzell ("Let's Get Wild"), Sleepy LaBeef ("All the Time"), Curtis Gordon ("Draggin'"), Billy Wallace ("That's My Reward"), the Hi-Liters (the explosive "Dance Me to Death") make the rest of this volume equally as noteworthy. Every volume in this series is a winner for quality content, but this one ups the ante and then some. Not rockabilly's greatest, just some of its very best. Excellent liner notes and information from Bill Millar top this stellar package. ~ Cub Koda
Be The First To Write A Review
Bear Family Records (Germany) 16101
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.