CD Theme Time Radio Hour: With Your Host Bob Dylan (CD 1309350),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Theme Time Radio Hour: With Your Host Bob Dylan
1. Turn Your Radio On - Grandpa Jones
2. Papa's On The Housetop - Leroy Carr/Scrapper Blackwell
3. Shortnin' Bread - Paul Chaplain
4. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
5. Gun Fever (Blam Blam Fever) - The Valentines
6. Pistol Packin' Mama - Al Dexter/His Troopers
7. Pistol Packin' Mama - The Hurricanes
8. He Will Break Your Heart - Otis Rush
9. He Will Break Your Heart - Jerry Butler
10. Take It Away Lucky - Eddie Noack
11. Buddy, Stay Off The Wine - Betty Hall Jones
12. Tears A Go-Go - Charlie Rich
13. Rich Woman - Li'l Millet
14. Laughin' & Jokin' - Ernie Chaffin
15. Me And My Chauffeur Blues - Memphis Minnie - (featuring Little Son Joe)
16. If I Lose - The Stanley Brothers
17. I Sat And Cried - Jimmy Nelson
18. Beatnik's Wish - Patsy Raye/The Beatniks
19. Devil In His Heart - The Donays
20. Let's Invite Them Over - George Jones/Melba Montgomery
21. Don't Take Everybody To Be Your Friend - Sister Rosetta Tharpe
22. Good Morning Heartache - Billie Holiday
23. Pouring Water On A Drowning Man - James Carr
24. I Drink - Mary Gauthier
25. Mother Earth - Memphis Slim
0. DISC 2:
1. Chain Of Fools - Aretha Franklin
2. Walk A Mile In My Shoes - Joe South & the Believers
3. Cry Tough - Alton Ellis/The Flames
4. Tommy Gun - The Clash
5. (Every Time I Hear) That Mellow Saxophone - Roy Montrell
6. Those DJ Shows - Patrice Holloway
7. I Ain't Drunk - Lonnie the Cat
8. Eat That Chicken - Charles Mingus
9. Mama, Get Your Hammer - Bobby Peterson Quintet
10. How High The Moon - Slim Gaillard
11. Cool Water - The Sons of the Pioneers
12. Only A Rose - Geraint Watkins
13. I Walk In My Sleep - Berna Dean
14. Stars Fell On Alabama - Jack Teagarden's Chicagoan's
15. Mama Tried (From The Film Killers Three) - Merle Haggard/The Strangers
16. Big Long Slidin' Thing - Dinah Washington
17. Black Coffee - Bobby Darin
18. I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water - The Cats & the Fiddle
19. Ain't Got The Money To Pay For This Drink - George Zimmerman/The Thrills
20. Bottle And A Bible - The Yayhoos
21. Okie's In The Pokie - Jimmy Patton
22. If You're So Smart, How Come You Ain't Rich? - Louis Jordan
23. Ay Te Dejo En San Antonio - Santiago Jimnez
24. Mona - Bo Diddley
25. Roadrunner (Twice) - The Modern Lovers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): CDCH2
Bob Dylan knows how to curate a compilation of rock history, and THEME TIME RADIO HOUR is an admirable attempt to consolidate his feverish ear for bluesy new torch carriers like the White Stripes and oft-forgotten reggae gems like Alton Ellis & the Flames. Disc Two, in particular, surprises by beginning with Aretha Franklin's iconic "Chain Of Fools" and leading a dizzying tour through a half-century of black American (and, in the Clash's case, black-inspired) music, leaning heavily on jazz and R&B. Its companion is a more raucous affair, thanks to the inclusion of Jack and Meg White, but also to seminal bluesmen like Otis Rush. Consider THEME TIME an expert-level Cliff's Notes for those without satellite radio.
Uncut (p.98) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "Beguilingly autobiographical, THEME TIME...is a tantalising cousin of his memoir, CHRONICLES....Deliciously unique."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.118) - 5 stars out of 5 -- "The selections cross time and genre: gospel, country, rock 'n' roll, girl groups, blues, jazz, jump R&B, rude-boy reggae and punk rock."
Record Collector (magazine) (p.106) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t remains a good source for some of the rare songs Dylan plays, probably revealing more about himself in his picks than he does anywhere else."
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.