CD Come on and See Me: The Complete Solo Collection [Digipak] * (CD 6978772),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Come on and See Me: The Complete Solo Collection [Digipak] *
0. DISC 1:
1. If You See Bill
2. It's Mine
3. Voice of Experience
4. I Wancha' to Be Sure
5. Sinner's Devotion
6. Make the Night a Little Longer
7. Big John
8. I Cried
9. If You Don't Think
10. If I Would Marry You [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
11. This Time Tomorrow [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
12. I've Got Nothing to Say But Goodbye - (previously unreleased)
13. I Can't Hold It in Any More - (previously unreleased)
14. If I Would Marry You - (previously unreleased, featuring Jimmy Radcliffe)
15. I Can't Believe You Love Me
16. That's What Boys Are Made For
17. Come on and See Me
18. What a Good Man He is
19. Tears at the End of a Love Affair
20. This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You)
21. He's the One I Love
22. Can't Stop Now (Love Is Calling)
23. Just Too Musc to Hope For
24. Hold Me Oh My Darling
25. I Can't Go on Without You
26. Baby Don'tcha Worry [Stereo Version]
27. There Are Things [Stereo Version]
0. DISC 2:
1. Ain't No Mountain High Enough
2. All I Do Is Think About You
3. Slow Down
4. I Gotta Find a Way (To Get You Back)
5. Oh How I'd Miss You
6. Lone, Lonely Town
7. You Ain't Livin' 'Till You're Lovin' [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
8. Give in You Just Can't Win [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
9. When Love Comes Knocking at My Heart [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
10. Memory Chest [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
11. That's How It Is (Since You've Been Gone) [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
12. More, More, More [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
13. Two Can Have a Party [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
14. My Heart [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
15. Don't Let Me Be Lonely [Stereo Version] - (previously unreleased)
16. Kissing in the Shadows - (previously unreleased)
17. Beware of a Stranger - (previously unreleased)
18. It's Been a Long Time Happenin' - (previously unreleased)
19. Almost Like Being in Love [Live at the Roostertail] - (previously unreleased, live)
20. Stage Dialogue with Emcee Scott Regan [Live at the Roostertail] - (previously unreleased, live)
21. I Can't Believe You Love Me [Live at the Roostertail] - (previously unreleased, live)
22. Medley: What a Difference a Day Makes/Runnin' Out of Fools/Tell Me the Truth/Baby Love [Live at the Roostertail] - (previously unreleased, live)
23. Come on and See Me [Live at the Roostertail] - (previously unreleased, live)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 14792
Michele Horie; Harry Weinger (Compilation)
Audio Mixers: Obie O'Brien; Tom Moulton.
Liner Note Authors: Keith Hughes; Daphne Brooks.
Recording information: Hitsville U.S.A Studios, Detroit (09/19/1966); Roostertail, Detroit, MI (09/19/1966).
Photographer: J. Randy Taraborrelli.
Hip-O Select's 2010 set Come on and See Me: The Complete Solo Collection rounds up everything Tammi Terrell recorded on her own at Motown: the first disc contains 14 songs she recorded under the name Tammy Montgomery plus the Irresistible LP and two non-LP singles, "Baby Don'tcha Worry" and "There Are Things," while the second disc has 18 cuts of Rare Motown capped off by Live at the Roostertail. Terrell's trajectory is not dissimilar to other Motown artists of the `60s -- some of her earliest singles bear a bit of a heavy pop crossover bent, a trait amplified by the live supperclub showcase tacked on the end of this set, and she got looser and funkier as the decade rolled on, but even those early uptown shuffles are elevated by Terrell's authoritative stamp. Surely, she was one of the few female soul singers who could take James Brown on and get a TKO, as she did on 1963's "If You Don't Think," and some of the other early Montgomery sides are every bit as funky, but the centerpiece of this set is the Irresistible LP, where Terrell brought that spirit to snazzy, sophisticated pop-soul productions. Irresistible boasts some of the thickest productions Motown issued in 1967, but it's underpinned by a heavy groove and graced with Terrell's terrific singing. Apart from that perfectly fine, not necessarily compelling, live performance, the second disc has more unissued gems in this vein: it's big, bright, lush, and powerful, the sound of Motown in full flight. On the basis of her duets with Marvin Gaye alone, Tammi Terrell's reputation is quite high, but this dynamic set proves that she was equally good as a solo act. Truthfully, sometimes she was even better on her own. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Down Beat (p.52) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he young Philadelphian defines the possibilities of romantic love with a precocious strength within mostly delightful songs written and performed by the Motown varsity teams."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.114) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "She sang in James Brown's road revue and revealed immense commercial potential as a nascent Motown star on IRRESISTIBLE..."
Uncut (magazine) (p.88) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "The opening minute of 'I Can't Believe You Love Me' breaks your heart."
Be The First To Write A Review
Hip-O Select 14792
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.