CD Disco Gold [Hip-O] (CD 853712),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Disco Gold [Hip-O]
0. DISC 1:
1. Don't Leave Me This Way - Thelma Houston
2. Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel - Tavares
3. T.S.O.P. (The Sound of Philadelphia) - MFSB/The Three Degrees
4. Turn the Beat Around - Vicki Sue Robinson
5. Brazil - The Ritchie Family
6. Disco Inferno - The Trammps
7. Got to Have Loving - Don Ray
8. Best of My Love - The Emotions
9. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
10. If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman
11. Tell Me What You Want - Jimmy Ruffin (Tim Moulton Mix, previously unreleased)
12. Love Machine - The Miracles
13. Heaven Must Have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer (12" version)
14. Down to Love Town - The Originals (12" version)
0. DISC 2:
1. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
2. Car Wash - Rose Royce
3. Y.M.C.A. - The Village People
4. I Need a Man - Grace Jones
5. I Feel Love - Donna Summer
6. Funkytown - Lipps, Inc.
7. Stomp! - The Brothers Johnson
8. I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges
9. More, More, More - The Andrea True Connection
10. Ladies Night - Kool & the Gang
11. Upside Down - Diana Ross
12. Theme from Which Way Is Up - Stargard
13. Got to Give It Up - Marvin Gaye
14. Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb
15. H.A.P.P.Y. Radio - Edwin Starr (12" version)
16. Last Dance - Donna Summer
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 000413702
Hal Davis; Freddie Perren; Warren Schatz; Jacques Morali; Ronnie Baker; Norman Harris; Earl Young; Don Ray; Maurice White; Bernard Edwards; Nile Rodgers; Jeffrey Bowen; Dino Fekaris; Norman Whitfield; Tom Moulton; Giorgio Moroder; Quincy Jones; Steve Buckingham; Deodato; Art Stewart; Edwin Starr; Bob Esty; Mark Davis; Bobby Martin; Frank Beaty Wilson; Pete Bellotte; Steven Greenberg; Hal Davis; Freddie Perren; Bobby Martin; Warren Schatz; Jacques Morali; Ronnie Baker; Norman Harris; Earl Young; Don Ray; Marc Cerrone; Maurice White; Bernard Edwards; Nile Rodgers; Jimmy Ruffin; Jeffrey Bowen; Frank Wilson; Michael B. Sutton; Dino Fekaris; Norman Whitfield; Tom Moulton; Giorgio Moroder; Steve Greenberg; Quincy Jones; Steve Buckingham; Gregg Diamond; Deodato; Mark Davis; Art Stewart; Edwin Starr; Bob Esty; Harry Weinger (Compilation)
Audio Mixers: Tom Moulton; Jrgen Koppers.
Liner Note Author: Brian Chin .
Photographers: Jim McCrary; Douglas Kirkland; Michael Putland; Harry Langdon; Glenn A. Baker; Jill Furmanovsky.
Arrangers: Freddie Perren; Bernard Edwards; Nile Rodgers; Bobby Martin ; Art Wright; Thor Baldursson.
The Hip-O label released The Disco Box back in 1999, a four-disc set that threw in a few too many minor surprises to be considered a definitive summary of disco. Six years later, the same label released Disco Gold -- a two-disc set that would sufficiently complement The Disco Box if it didn't contain so many of the same selections. (Hip-O pulled the same exact stunt with 1999's The Funk Box and 2005's Funk Gold.) Regardless, Disco Gold is packaged thoughtfully, unlike so many other cut-rate disco compilations that have flooded the market over the years. It's a little annoying that several inclusions -- "I Will Survive," "Y.M.C.A." "Disco Inferno," "Turn the Beat Around," "Don't Leave Me This Way" -- have already appeared on dozens upon dozens of compilations (and sometimes near a hundred), but Stargard's "Theme from Which Way Is Up," Edwin Starr's "H.A.P.P.Y. Radio," and Jimmy Ruffin's "Tell Me What You Want" (present in a previously unreleased mix from disco pioneer Tom Moulton) help make the compilation somewhat unique. Disco Gold might not be as exhaustive or as full of surprises as you might hope, but it should either plug some gaps (if you're a collector) or make you a convert (if you're just getting into this stuff). ~ Andy Kellman
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.