CD Motown Remixed [Digipak] (CD 407665),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Motown Remixed [Digipak]
1. I Want You Back - The Jackson 5 (Z-trip remix)
2. I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Gladys Knight & the Pips (Sympathy For The Grapes Randy Watson Experience mix)
3. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye (Da Producers MPG Groove mix)
4. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Stevie Wonder (DJ Smash Essential Funk mix)
5. ABC - The Jackson 5 (Salaam Remi Krunk-A Delic Party mix)
6. I Just Want to Celebrate - Rare Earth (Mocean Worker remix)
7. Papa Was a Rollin' Stone - The Temptations (DJ Jazzy Jeff & Pete Kuzma Solefull remix)
8. Quiet Storm - Smokey Robinson (Groove Boutique remix)
9. My World Is Empty Without You - Diana Ross & the Supremes (Tranzition remix)
10. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) - The Temptations (Easy Mo Bee remix)
11. Smiling Faces Sometimes - The Undisputed Truth (Futureshock Main Ingredient mix)
12. Tears of a Clown, The - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles (Hotsnax remix)
13. Keep on Truckin' - Eddie Kendricks (DJ Spinna remix)
14. War - Edwin Starr (KIng Britt remix)
15. Mary Jane - Rick James (DJ Green Lantern Evil Genius remix, bonus)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 0003900
Harry Weinger (Compilation)
MOTOWN: REMIXED features a guest roster of producers, DJs, and mixers who reconstruct classic Motown singles, putting their individual spin on cuts like the Temptations' "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" and Smokey Robinson & the Miracles "The Tears of a Clown." The most successful tracks preserve the integrity and feel of the original by adding accents and colors that highlight the strengths of the master tapes. The Randy Weston Experience's revision of Gladys Knight & the Pips' "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," for example, keeps the tambourine-driven groove funky and spare, while pushing Knight & the Pips' vocals up high in the mix.
Mocean Worker's thumping funk remix of "I Just Want to Celebrate" would likely meet with approval from Rare Earth, while Salaam Remi's "krunk-a-delic party mix" of the Jackson 5's "ABC" wins points for originality. Purists may cry "blasphemy," and it is, in fact, difficult to get used to Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" set to a bouncing, early-2000s R&B beat. However, the remix project has become a major leg of contemporary soul and dance music, and it was only a matter of time before the Motown masters were re-imagined through a contemporary electronic lens.
Rolling Stone (No. 975, p.76) - 3.5 stars out of 5 - "[The DJs] excavate elements buried in the original productions... "
Be The First To Write A Review
Motown (Record Label) 0003900
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.