CD The Sting [PA] (CD 613023),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
The Sting [PA]
Various Artists/The Killa Beez/Wu-Tang Killa Bees
0. DISC 1:
2. Killa Beez - (featuring Bobby Digital/U-God/Inspectah Deck/Suga Bang Bang)
3. Out Think Me Now
4. Bar Mitzvah
5. Doe Rae Wu - (featuring Bobby Digital/ODB/Kinetic)
6. Bluntz, Martinez, Girlz and Gunz
7. Dancing With Wolves - (featuring Killarmy)
8. Spend Money
9. Take Up Space
10. Rollin - (featuring Bobby Digital/The Black Knights)
11. Get at Me - (featuring The Black Knights/Shyem/Two On The Road)
12. Spit That G - (featuring Cappadonna/Solomon Childs/Prodical/Timbo King/Suga Bang Bang)
13. Woodchuck - (featuring North Star/Royal Fam/Cilivaringz/War Cloud/The Black Knights)
14. G.A.T. - (featuring The Black Knights/North Star/Solomon Childs/12' Clock/Shyheim/RZA)
15. Hatin' Don't Pay
16. When You Come Home - (featuring Shyheim)
17. KB Ridin' - (featuring Wu-Tang Clan/Shacronz/Suga Bang Bang)
0. DISC 2:
1. Odyssey - (featuring Isaac Hayes)
2. Thirsty - (Skit)
3. Digi-Electronics - (featuring Bobby Digital/Timbo King/Shyheim/Doc Doom/Madam Scheez)
5. Rza Beat
6. Rhumba, La - (Remix, remix, featuring Fat Joe/Bobby Digital)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 8362
RZA; 4th Disciple; John the Baptist; PC; True Master; RZA (Compilation)
Vladimir Meller; Glen Marchese; John the Baptist; Jose "Choco" Reynoso; Nolan "Dr. No" Moffitte; Super Dave
Personnel: Charles Pitt, Michael Toles (guitar); Isaac Hayes, Lester Snell (keyboards); James Robertson (drums).
Audio Mixers: RZA; Vladimir Meller; Glen Marchese; Dave Arron; Fourth Disciple; John the Baptist; Jose "Choco" Reynoso; Super Dave.
Recording information: 36 Chambers, New York, NY; 36 West, Los Angeles, CA; Enterprise Studio, Los Angeles, CA; Hit Factory, New York, NY; J.B. Studio, Miami, FL; Sony Studio, New York, NY; Track Record, Los Angeles, CA; Wu House, New York, NY.
The Wu-Tang hip-hop collective can always be counted upon to release a worthwhile product, the level of quality control befitting a grass-roots cottage industry. The RZA produces the lion's share of the tracks on THE STING, so you know from the start that you're guaranteed some evocative tracks and visceral beats. The sonic thread of consistency that RZA weaves proves valuable as a revolving door of rappers spins from track to track, each turn introducing another street-smart master of Rhyme. Things get off to a pumping start with the self-referential mission statement of "Killa Beez," where Bobby Digital, Inspectah Deck, and others peel off urgent raps over an energetic backbeat. While this cut sets a pattern for much of what's to follow, there are interesting diversions such as "When You Come Home," a more low-key track where Shyheim sends out his compassion to a cohort in lockdown, over a Middle-Eastern-tinged keyboard riff. The limited-edition version of THE STING also features a second disc of bonus cuts, just in case the aforementioned hip-hop smorgasbord isn't enough.
Be The First To Write A Review
Koch International 8362
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright