CD 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts [Night 2] (CD 6981932),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts [Night 2]
0. DISC 1:
1. Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
2. People Get Ready - Jeff Beck - (featuring Sting)
3. Let Me Love You Baby - Jeff Beck - (featuring Buddy Guy)
4. Rice Pudding - Jeff Beck
5. Foxey Lady - Jeff Beck - (featuring Billy Gibbons)
6. Day In The Life, A - Jeff Beck
7. For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
8. Turn the Page - Metallica
9. Sweet Jane - Metallica - (featuring Lou Reed)
10. Iron Man - Metallica - (featuring Ozzy Osbourne)
11. Paranoid - Metallica - (featuring Ozzy Osbourne)
12. All Day And All Of The Night - Metallica - (featuring Ray Davies)
13. Enter Sandman - Metallica
0. DISC 2:
1. Vertigo - U2
2. Magnificent - U2
3. Because the Night - U2 - (featuring Patti Smith/Roy Bittan/Bruce Springsteen)
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2 - (featuring Bruce Springsteen)
5. Mysterious Ways - U2
6. Where is the Love/One - U2 - (featuring The Black Eyed Peas)
7. Gimme Shelter - U2
8. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of - U2 - (featuring Mick Jagger)
9. Beautiful Day - U2
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 25807
Jay Vicari; John Harris; Bob Clearmountain; Carl Glanville
Audio Mixers: Jay Vicari; John Harris ; Bob Clearmountain; Carl Glanville.
Recording information: Madison Square Garden (10/29/2009-10/30/2009).
Creator: Carol Bobolts.
Director: Joel Gallen.
As a celebration for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's 25th Anniversary, the institute held two star-studded concerts in late October 2009, each bill bursting with inductees from throughout the decades. It's all captured here on a four-disc box (the individual nights are available as two separate two-CD sets). Covers and collaborations were the order of the day, usually in sensible pairings: James Taylor sat in with Crosby, Stills & Nash, Jeff Beck reprised his guitar showcase on Stevie Wonder's "Superstition," Darlene Love fronted the E-Street Band, Metallica gleefully supports Ozzy Osbourne on a pair of Black Sabbath songs, U2 leads Bruce Springsteen, Patti Smith and Roy Bittan make it through "Because the Night." Surprises aren't quite the order of the day -- the only performance that reimagines the original is Jeff Beck's instrumental reading of the Beatles' "A Day in the Life" -- and that goes for cameos from the younger set, too: Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello naturally appears during Springsteen's stomp through "London Calling," John Legend steps in for Marvin Gaye during Wonder's set and Fergie does capable Merry Clayton during U2 and Mick Jagger's "Gimme Shelter." Then again, who turns to a celebration of the past for anything but comfort? A reminder of what they loved in the first place? This concert does indeed offer that, and if there are some bumpy moments -- the pairing of Lou Reed and Metallica on "Sweet Jane" defies any logic -- they are outweighed by the pleasure of professionals taking a stroll through their back pages. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Be The First To Write A Review
WEA (Distributor) 25807
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.