CD A Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses (CD 1016189),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
A Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses
1. You're Crazy - Gilby Clarke/Stevie Rachelle/Tracii Guns (of Tuff)
2. It's So Easy - Fred Coury/Gilby Clarke/Tracii Guns (of Cinderella)
3. Welcome to the Jungle - Gilby Clarke/Kevin DuBrow/Tracii Guns (of Quiet Riot)
4. My Michelle - Gilby Clarke/Philip Lewis/Tracii Guns/Phil Lewis (of L.A. Guns)
5. Sweet Child O' Mine - Gilby Clarke/Jizzy Pearl/Tracii Guns (of Ratt)
6. Paradise City - Gilby Clarke/Kory Clarke/Tracii Guns (of Warrior Soul)
7. Mr. Brownstone - Gilby Clarke/Joe Lest/Tracii Guns (of Bang Tango)
8. You Could Be Mine - Gilby Clarke/Mitch Malloy/Tracii Guns
9. Used to Love Her - Gilby Clarke/John Corabi/Tracii Guns (of Union)
10. Don't Cry - Gilby Clarke/Tracii Guns/Spike (of Quireboys)
11. Patience - Gilby Clarke/John Corabi/Tracii Guns (of Union)
12. Civil War - Christina Kartsonakis/Gilby Clarke/Tracii Guns/Christina Kartsonakis
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 1203
Personnel: Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns (guitar); Randy Castillo (drums).
Audio Mixer: Fred Coury.
Liner Note Author: Fred Coury.
Recording information: Atlantis Studios, Stockholm, Sweden.
Outside of the mainstream of tribute records (indie rock, country, mainstream rock) there exists a seemingly never-ending stream of generic, faceless tribute records that are mostly released by Big Eye and Cleopatra. The music is made by studio-concocted bands that (usually) sound like they are one step above a frat bar cover band or by a studio engineer with lots of slick keyboard skills. A Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses is an exception to this facelessness but still manages to sound as generic as all the rest. What sets this apart is the participation of two actual members of Guns N' Roses, Tracii Guns and Gilby Clarke. They obviously reaped none of the financial rewards of being in the band that Axl Rose did. On the other hand, at least their disgrace will mostly go unnoticed, while Rose's is trumpeted all across the globe. The record also features a raft of guest vocalists howling their way through classic G N' R songs like "Paradise City" and "Welcome to the Jungle." Among them are metal D-listers Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot, Spike Gray of Quireboys, Kory Clarke of Warrior Soul, and Joe Leste of Bang Tango. It all sounds exactly like what you might imagine: a bunch of has-beens shrieking over slick, soulless, and boringly proficient metal approximations of some of the greatest hard rock songs ever. If that sounds like fun to you, you may need to reexamine your relationship to music. ~ Tim Sendra
Be The First To Write A Review
Dead Line Music 1203
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.