CD Brewed In Texas: The Original Texas Happy Hour (CD 912354),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Brewed In Texas: The Original Texas Happy Hour
1. Stayin' Out Late - Cory Morrow
2. One Bud Wiser - John Rich (previously unreleased)
3. Sangria Wine - Jerry Jeff Walker (live)
4. Juke Joint Jumpin' - Wayne Hancock
5. Ballad of the Devil's Backbone Tavern - Todd Snider
6. Drink Your Whiskey Down - Reckless Kelly
7. Horseshoe Lounge - Slaid Cleaves
8. Forget Thinkin' - Beaver Nelson
9. Turns to Tears - Chris Wall
10. Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound - Cooder Graw (previously unreleased)
11. Raise Hell Drink Beer - Eleven Hundred Springs
12. Whiskey River - Cross Canadian Ragweed (previously unreleased)
13. Everclear Song, The - Roger Creager
14. Honky-Tonk Life I Lead, The - John Evans (previously unreleased)
15. 50 Dollars & A Flask of Crown - Bleu Edmondson/Matt Powell
16. Una Mas Cerveza - Tommy Alverson
17. Ol' Milwaukee's Best - Adam Carroll
18. Quervo's Gold - Rusty Weir
19. Barroom Lament - Hayes Carll (previously unreleased)
20. I Think I'll Just Stay Here & Drink - Kevin Fowler/Jason Boland/Clay Barker/Seth James (previously unreleased, bonus track)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 925 279
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Ever since the day some nameless string band got the idea of playing in a beer joint, drinking has been one of the most enduring themes of country music, and Brewed in Texas is a compilation from Houston-based indie label Compadre Records that features 20 acts from the Lone Star State weighing in on the pros and cons of getting drunk. For the most part, this is top-drawer honky tonk stuff, and while a few well-known names are on board -- most notably Jerry Jeff Walker, Wayne Hancock, Todd Snider, and John Rich, formerly of the group Lonestar -- many of the lesser-known acts shine just as bright, particularly Slaid Cleaves on "Horseshoe Lounge," Beaver Nelson's "Forget Thinkin'," Roger Creager's inspired story-song "The Everclear Song," and Tommy Alverson's "Un Mas Cerveza." Brewed in Texas also gives something close to equal time to songs celebrating the joys of getting plastered (such as Adam Carroll's "Ol' Milwaukee's Best") and others that concern themselves with getting loaded to drown out the sorrows of life and love gone wrong (most notably Chris Wall's "Turns to Tears"). Brewed in Texas is a super-sized portion of high-octane hard country the way they used to cut it back in the 1950s and '60s, and nearly every cut satisfies (and even the weakest cuts beat out the work of the hat-wearing lames Nashville coughs up like hairballs these days). If this disc isn't on the juke at your favorite watering hole, then they just don't know what's good for business. ~ Mark Deming
Be The First To Write A Review
Music World Entertainment 9252792
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright