CD Classic Rock Gold (CD 853720),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Classic Rock Gold
0. DISC 1:
1. Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
2. Evil Ways - Santana
3. American Woman - The Guess Who
4. All Right Now - Free
5. Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
6. Walk Away - The James Gang
7. Maggie May - Rod Stewart
8. I'd Love to Change the World - Ten Years After
9. Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) - The Hollies
10. Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group
11. Saturday Night'a Alright for Fighting - Elton John
12. We're an American Band - Grand Funk
13. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
14. China Grove - The Doobie Brothers
15. Radar Love - Golden Earring
16. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
17. You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
0. DISC 2:
1. Bad Company - Bad Company
2. Hair of the Dog - Nazareth
3. Never Been Any Reason - Head East
4. Slow Ride - Foghat (Single Version)
5. Show Me the Way - Peter Frampton (live, Live)
6. (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue yster Cult
7. Cold as Ice - Foreigner (Single Version)
8. Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
9. Just What I Needed - The Cars
10. Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
11. I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick (live)
12. Hold on Loosely - .38 Special
13. Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider
14. White Wedding, Pt. 1 - Billy Idol
15. Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
16. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 4371
Cliff Davies; David Lucas; Dieter Dierks; Gabriel Mekler; Gary Lyons; Gus Dudgeon; Jack Douglas; Joe Walsh; Keith Forsey; Keith Olsen; Al Kooper; Lew Futterman; Manny Charlton; Mike Stone; Murray Krugman; Nick Jameson; Peter Frampton; Randy Bachman; Richard Landis; Rick Derringer; Rod Stewart; Rodney Mills; Roger Boyd; Ron Richards; Roy Thomas Baker; Sandy Pearlman; Santana; Ted Templeman; The Hollies; Bad Company; Todd Rundgren; Tom Werman; Bill Szymcyzk; Brent Dangerfield; Bruce Botnick; Dana G. Smart (Compilation); Pat Lawrence (Compilation)
Liner Note Author: Dave Thompson .
Photographers: Dave Steen; Richie Gallo; Ross Marino; Michael Putland; Jorgen Angel; Henry Diltz; Paul Canty; Simon Fowler.
With an oversaturation of budget-line compilations and titles purporting to be the "definitive" or "ultimate" collection of classic rock available, it's easy to approach Classic Rock Gold with a heavy hand of skepticism. However, one look at the track listing should wipe that notion right away, as this two-disc set is packed with some of the biggest hits of the rock genre from the late '60s, '70s, and early '80s. Classic Rock covers the breadth and evolution of rock & roll: from the arena rock of Santana, Ted Nugent, Blue yster Cult, and Grand Funk Railroad to the power pop-influenced Cars and Cheap Trick to the emergence of hair metal, courtesy of Whitesnake and Scorpions. It's a quality two-disc set that acts as a guide map to some of the most important movements in the history of rock & roll, and listeners looking for a solid rock compilation would be well served here. ~ Rob Theakston
Be The First To Write A Review
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.