CD Coming Up [Digipak] (CD 7046626),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Coming Up [Digipak]
0. DISC 1:
4. By the Sea
6. Beautiful Ones
8. Picnic by the Motorway
9. Chemistry Between Us, The
10. Saturday Night
11. She [Greenhouse Demo]
12. Lazy [Greenhouse Demo]
13. Dead Leg (Beautiful Ones) [Four Track Demo]
14. Filmstar [Church Demo]
15. Pisspot (Trash) [Four Track Demo]
16. Ballad Idea (Saturday Night) [Chruch Demo]
17. Tiswas (Starcrazy) [Four Track Demo]
18. Asda Town
20. Bentswood Boys
0. DISC 2: THE B-SIDES:
1. Europe Is Our Playground [Original Version]
2. Have You Ever Been This Low?
3. Another No One
4. Every Monday Morning Comes
5. Sound of the Streets
6. Young Men
9. This Time
11. Jumble Sale Mums
12. These Are the Sad Songs
15. Graffiti Women
17. Motown [Rehearsal Room Recording] - (previously unreleased)
0. DISC 3:
1. Trash [Video]
2. Beautiful Ones [Video]
3. Saturday Night [Video]
4. Lazy [Video]
5. Filmstar [Video]
6. Europe Is Our Playground [Video]
7. Shipbuilding [Bonus Video]
8. She [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
9. Trash [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
10. By the Sea [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
11. Lazy [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
12. Saturday Night [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
13. Rent [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
14. Europe Is Our Playground [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
15. Beautiful Ones [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
16. Starcrazy [Live at the Roundhouse, 15th December 1996] - (live)
17. This Hollywood Life [Live in Paris] - (live)
18. We Are the Pigs [Live in Paris] - (live)
19. Killing of a Flashboy [Live in Paris] - (live)
20. Animal Nitrate [Live in Paris] - (live)
21. Heroine [Live in Paris] - (live)
22. Wild Ones [Live in Paris], The - (live)
23. So Young [Live in Paris] - (live)
24. Metal Mickey [Live in Paris] - (live)
25. 2011 Interview - (live)
26. [Bonus Material]
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): EDSG 8003
Ed Buller; Gary Stout
Inital pressings of the U.S. release of COMING UP included a bonus disc of multimedia video selections.
The London Suede: Brett Anderson (vocals); Richard Oakes (guitar); Neil Codling (keyboards); Mat Osman (bass); Simon Gilbert (drums).
Personnel: Brett Anderson (vocals); Richard Oakes (guitar); Neil Codling (keyboards); Mat Osman (electric bass); Simon Gilbert (drums).
Audio Mixers: Dave Bascombe; Ed Buller.
Liner Note Author: Brett Anderson .
Recording information: Master Rock Studio (10/07/1994); Paris (10/07/1994); Roundhouse (10/07/1994); Townhouse Studios (10/07/1994); Master Rock Studio (12/15/1996); Paris (12/15/1996); Roundhouse (12/15/1996); Townhouse Studios (12/15/1996).
Photographers: Simon Gilbert; Donald Christie; Mike Christie.
Suede's third album, and their first without main songwriter Bernard Butler, lacked none of their trademark glam rock and catchy melodies, but, crucially, it discarded the pomposity and indulgence that marred DOG MAN STAR. Instead, boosted by Richard Oakes' inventive guitarwork and the arrival of Neil Codling on keyboards, they presented a sparsely produced collection of Bowie-tinged pop songs. Brett Anderson's favourite lyrical themes--bored youth, casual sex, seedy urban life ("peepshows and freakshows") and escape from it--enjoyed free rein, but were predominantly framed within raunchy rockers rather than gloomy ballads. With the likes of "Trash," "Filmstar" and "She," Suede firmly established themselves as the godfathers of indie glam and offered some classic pop into the bargain.
Rolling Stone (5/29/97, pp.49-50) - 3 Stars (out of 5) - "...Suede get back to pop basics, offering concise melodies and taut, brashly energetic arrangements..."
Spin (5/97, p.114) - 8 (out of 10) - "...Swinging free of their past, ignoring the football present, Suede concentrate on one sweet, super-trebly corner of the world. Madly devoted flash hounds, they erase the distance between 1973 and 1997 and triumph at their own game."
Entertainment Weekly (5/2/97, p.60) - "...Suede return with a determinedly harder yet more buoyant offering. There's atmosphere aplenty, but radio-friendly nuggets rather than glam, histrionic set pieces are the order of the day." - Rating: B+
Q (6/00, p.61) - Ranked #96 in Q's "100 Greatest British Albums" - "...A glam-rock crunch redolent of DIAMOND DOGS-era Bowie, while visualising mid-'90s youth as bored teens and beautiful losers. In their neon-lit world, the kids only come alive via pills, booze, sex and music..."
Alternative Press (2/97, pp.72-73) - 5 (out of 5) - "...Suede view this album as a brand-new beginning, and though the themes are familiar, low life and loveless, in many ways they're right....Busy, brave, bright, that's COMING UP..."
Pitchfork (Website) - "[I]t finds the band returning to its glam-rock roots, and it's about the most day-glo rock record this side of ZIGGY STARDUST..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Edsel (UK) EDSG 8003
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright