CD Do It Yourself [Bonus CD] [Remaster] (CD 1015695),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Do It Yourself [Bonus CD] [Remaster]
0. DISC 1:
3. Don't Ask Me
4. Sink My Boats
5. Waiting For Your Taxi
6. This Is What We Find
7. Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy
9. Dance Of The Screamers
10. Lullaby For Franci/es
11. What A Waste
12. Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
13. There Ain't Half Been Some Clever Bastards
14. Reasons To Be Cheerful, Part 3
15. Common As Muck
16. Reasons To Be Cheerful, Part 3 [12" version]
17. This Is What We Find (Bonus Disc)
18. Boogie Woogie (Duff 'Em up) (Bonus Disc)
19. Quiet (Bonus Disc)
20. Inbetweenies (Backing Track) (Bonus Disc)
21. Babies Kept Quiet (Bonus Disc)
22. Blow (Instrumental) (Bonus Disc)
23. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (Bonus Disc)
24. I'm Partial to Your Abracadabra (Bonus Disc)
25. Wake up and Make Love With Me (Bonus Disc)
26. Clevor Trevor (Bonus Disc)
27. Sweet Gene Vincent (Bonus Disc)
28. Billericay Dickie (Bonus Disc)
29. My Old Man (Bonus Disc)
30. If I Was With a Woman (Bonus Disc)
31. Blockheads (Bonus Disc)
32. Plaistow Patricia (Bonus Disc)
33. Blackmail Man (Bonus Disc)
0. DISC 2:
1. This Is What We Find
2. Boogie Woogie (Duff 'Em Up)
4. Inbetweenies [backing track]
5. Babies Kept Quiet (Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy) [early version of Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy]
7. Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll - (live)
8. I'm Partial To Your Abracadabra - (live)
9. Wake Up And Make Love With Me - (live)
10. Clevor Trever - (live)
11. Sweet Gene Vincent - (live)
12. Billericay Dickie - (live)
13. My Old Man - (live)
14. If I Was With A Woman - (live)
15. Blockheads - (live)
16. Plaistow Patricia - (live)
17. Blackmail Man - (live)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): MEDCD752
This 1998 reissue contains 7 bonus tracks not on the original release.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Ian Dury (vocals); Chaz Jankel (guitar, keyboards); John Turnbull (guitar); Davey Payne (saxophone); Mick Gallagher (keyboards); Charley Charles (drums).
Liner Note Author: Will Birch.
On Ian Dury's second outing with the Blockheads, the strangely charismatic British singer continues to spout witty narratives in his trademark Cockney accent over a musical backdrop that largely eschews punk in favor of a disco vibe. Of course, this being the every-quirky Dury, the dance-floor feel on this 1979 record is loose and pub-oriented, rather than slick and club-ready. Despite the New Wave trappings, Dury still sounds like a surly traveling salesman from a long-lost era, especially when he's spewing out insults, as on the silly, swaggering "Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy." In addition to jaunty tracks such as "Inbetweenies," the 1998 remastered reissue of DO IT YOURSELF features a handful of classic Dury singles as bonus tracks, most notably the cheeky "Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick" and the whimsical "Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3," making this, along with NEW BOOTS AND PANTIES, an essential disc for any respectable Dury fan.
Mojo (Publisher) (p.122) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[I]ts more polished production and soothing vocal delivery makes space for jazz-inflected piano solos and synthesizers aplenty....Dury is on fine form..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Edsel (UK) MEDCD752
MSI Music Distribution
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright