CD Fillmore: The Last Days (CD 380941),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Fillmore: The Last Days
0. DISC 1:
1. Hello - John Walker
2. Hello Friends - Lamb
3. So Fine - Elvin Bishop Group
4. Party till the Cows Come Home - Elvin Bishop
5. Pana - Malo
6. Poppa Can Play - The Sons of Champlin
7. White Bird - It's a Beautiful Day
8. Fresh Air - Quicksilver Messenger Service
9. Mojo - Quicksilver Messenger Service
10. Introduction - Bill Graham
11. Back on the Streets Again - Tower of Power
12. Baby's Callin' Me Home - Boz Scaggs
13. I Just Want to Make Love to You - Cold Blood
14. Passion Flower - Stoneground
15. Henry - New Riders of the Purple Sage
0. DISC 2:
1. Casey Jones - Grateful Dead
2. Johnny B. Goode - Grateful Dead
3. Introduction - Bill Graham
4. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burnin' - Hot Tuna
5. Incident at Neshabur - Santana
6. In a Silent Way - Santana
7. Jam Session (We Gonna Rock) - Taj Mahal/Elvin Bishop/Boz Scaggs & Friends
8. Jam Session (Long and Tall) - Taj Mahal/Elvin Bishop/Boz Scaggs & Friends
9. Final Night Jam Session: Goodbye / Greensleeves - Bill Graham/Ralph Vaughan Williams
10. Words With Bill Graham
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 31390
These recordings were digitally mastered from the original master tapes. The package contains a 32 page CD size booklet complete with liner notes, personal notes from Bill Graham and full color reproductions of the original Fillmore posters.
On Independence Day in 1971, the Fillmore West closed its doors, leaving a Bay Area landmark in its wake. During the closing week, proprietor Bill "Uncle Bobo" Graham selected a few of his favorite artists to help him send the venerable venue out in style. The festivities were documented on film and tape, the results of which were issued the following year as both a full-length cinematic feature film and three-LP box set. The latter also featuring a bonus 7" record containing a few "Words with Bill Graham." Initial pressings also came packaged with an original "closing week" poster, a ticket from one of the hundreds of legendary shows held in the Fillmore between November 6, 1965, and July 4, 1971, as well as a commemorative liner notes booklet, which, among other things, included a complete list of every show held at the venue. Musically, the discs feature a who's who of rock music circa 1971, most -- if not all -- of whom began their collective journeys in the Bay Area music scene at the time. The Grateful Dead ("Casey Jones" and "Johnny B. Goode"), Quicksilver Messenger Service" ("Fresh Air" and "Mojo"), and Santana ("Incident at Neshabur" and "In a Silent Way") all make strong showings. As do some of the lesser-known artists, such as Malo ("Pana") and Lamb ("Hello Friends"). Last Days of the Fillmore includes some amazing performances from It's a Beautiful Day ("White Bird"), as well as the stunningly powerful "Baby's Calling Me Home" by Boz Scaggs -- no doubt an homage to his stint with the Steve Miller Band -- plus a definitive version of "Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burnin'" from Hot Tuna -- who are the only representatives from the Jefferson Airplane, perhaps the one San Francisco band that is most conspicuously absent from the proceedings. The "Words with Bill Graham" interview allows Graham to personally express his thanks to the people who made the Fillmore such a success and to give some insight into the changing dynamics [read: money and drugs] that so radically altered his ability to adequately provide both artists and attendees with the same high-quality performances and venue for a reasonable price. ~ Lindsay Planer
Be The First To Write A Review
Sony Music Distribution (
Out of Stock
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.