CD For a Decade of Sin: 11 Years of Bloodshot Records (CD 1049849),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
For a Decade of Sin: 11 Years of Bloodshot Records
1. Blood, Sweat & Murder - Scott H. Biram
2. De-Railed - 16 Horsepower
3. Little Glass of Wine - Paul Burch/Ralph Stanley/Clinch Mountain Boys
4. Close Your House Down - Cordero
5. Ocean Size - Bobby Bare, Jr.
6. Behind That Locked Door - My Morning Jacket
7. Plan, The - Matt Mays
8. Little White Pills - The Meat Purveyors
9. Living Hell, A - The Bottle Rockets
10. Do You Want to Go Somewhere? - Richard Buckner
11. Lonesome Roads - Carla Bozulich
12. Sputnik 57 - The Minus 5
13. I'm Yer Huckleberry - Nine Pound Hammer
14. No Way Out But Down - Graham Lindsey
15. Tumbling Tumbleweeds - Sally Timms
16. Harridan of Yore - Graham Parker/The Figgs
17. Where Are All My Friends? - Deadstring Brothers
18. Chicken Road - Kelly Hogan/Wooden Leg
19. Shake a Tail Feather - Andre Williams/The Sadies
20. Tearin' My Hair Out - Ninety Nine Tales
21. Love Train - The Yayhoos
0. DISC 2:
1. Two Way Action - Nora O'Connor
2. Ship to Spain - Crooked Fingers
3. I'd Be Lonesome - Old 97's
4. How Many Biscuits Can You Eat? - Split Lip Rayfield
5. I Want to Destroy You - Dollar Store
6. Cold Company - Mary Lou Lord
7. Now I Know - Milton Mapes
8. Magnificent Seven - Jon Rauhouse
9. Call of the Wreckin' Ball, The - Jim & Jennie and the Pinetops/John Doe
10. Got Just What I Want - Devil in a Woodpile
11. Josephine - Puerto Muerto
12. Juke Joint Jumping - Hank Williams III/Wayne Hancock
13. Red Head - Blanche
14. Lost Soul, The - The Handsome Family
15. Tell Me - Catfish Haven
16. People Who Died - Porter Hall Tennessee
17. Berliners - The Court & Spark
18. How Long (Have You Been Gone)? - Misery Boys/Rex Hobart
19. How Can I Be So Thirsty Today? - Petty Booka/The Meat Purveyors
20. Burn the Flag - Starkweathers
21. I Fought the Law - The Waco Brothers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 112
Matt Mays; Colin Andrews; Don Smith; Eric Ambel; 16 Horsepower; Brian Pulito; Erik Lloyd Walkoff; Gary Schepers; Jon Rauhouse; Mark Deutrom; Mark Nevers; Milton Mapes; Nick Saloman; Paul Burch; Pete Donnelly; Steve Deutsch; Tom Tatman; Bill Anderson; Scott H. Biram; Bobby Bare, Jr.; Carla Bozulich; Charlie Dos Santos
Colin Mahoney; Chad Meise; Chris Carr; Jan-Erik Tormoen; Dean Bratcher; Mike Janus; Gary Schepers; Jay Newland; John Baccigaluppi; Ken Sluiter; Mark Haines; Martin Feveyear; Mike Hagler; Mike Martin; Andy Gerber; Pete Donnelly; Rennie Sparks; Steve Albini; Tim Hatfield; Tom Tatman; John Smerek; Bob Ferbrache; Randy Wilson; Brett Sparks; Charlie Dos Santos
Performers include: My Morning Jacket, Bottle Rockets, Richard Buckner, Crooked Fingers, Old 97s.
Personnel: Dan John Miller (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Matt Mays, Kurt Marschke, Dean Schlabowske, Richard Smith , Jarret Murphy, Hank Williams III, Jim Krewson, Vincent Martini, Joel Paterson, Mary Lou Lord, Nora O'Connor, Paul Burch, Ani Cordero, Rhett Miller, Wayne Hancock, Bobby Bare, Jr., Carla Bozulich (vocals, guitar); George Hunter , Greg Vanderpool (vocals, acoustic guitar); Gary Roadarmel, Brian Henneman (vocals, electric guitar); Graham Lindsey (vocals, banjo); Jennie Benford (vocals, mandolin); Andrew Bird (vocals, violin); Rick "Cookin'" Sherry (vocals, harmonica, drums); Eric Bachmann, Jo Walston, Scott McCaughey (vocals, piano); Joe Camarillo (vocals, drums); Molly Conley, Kim Martini, J.B. Rodgers, Masha Marjieh, Jeff Eaton, Andre Williams & His New Group, Andy Patil, Lisa Rogers, Alan Doughty, Kathleen Edwards, Mike Ireland, Murry Hammond, Ralph Stanley, Rex Hobart, Sally Timms, Scott Luallen, Cherilyn DiMond, Robert Kearns, Christa Meyer (vocals); Kirk Rundstrom (guitar, background vocals); Dallas Good, Earl Crim, Duane Denison, Eddie Biebel, Dinko Tomljanovic, Dalibor Pavicic, Sean Schroeder, Joel Patterson, Michael "Holler" Lemon, Ken Bethea, Mike Gent, Nick Saloman, Pete Stiles, Tim Kelley, Travis Good, Bill Anderson (guitar); Jon Rauhouse (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Peter Buck (acoustic guitar, mandolin); Chris Mills, Eric Johnson (acoustic guitar); Clifford Brown , John Horton (electric guitar); Nels Cline (lap steel guitar); Eric Mardis (banjo, background vocals); Brad Hutchinson, Patch Boyle, Steve Sparkman (banjo); Wayne Gottstine (mandolin, background vocals); Jim Fredley (mandolin); Darcie Deaville, Fats Kaplin (fiddle); Dave Feeny (harmonica, melodica, background vocals); Cassius (accordion); Felipe Flores (baritone saxophone); Jason Parker (trumpet); Ross Westerbur (piano, organ, background vocals); Nick Grosso (piano); Chris Eckman (organ); Scott Bricklin, Scott Ligon (keyboards); Kaveh Rastegar (double bass); Chris Rhoades, Barton Carroll (upright bass); Tim Baker , William King (drums, percussion); Chris Verene, Ryan Farnham, Paul Lemon, Mark Ortmann, Roberto J. Sanchez, Brian Pulito, Hrvoje Zaborac, Kevin O'Donnell , Peter Lind Hayes, Bill Herzog, Mike Belitsky, Gerald Dowd, Ches Smith, Lisa "Jaybird" Jannon, Doni Schroader, Cisco Ryder (drums); Miranda Ziegler, Northern Iowa Drunken Men's Choir, Jessica Vohs, Weba Garretson, Rachel Haden, Philip Skarich, Tiffany Gazic (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Eric Ambel; Gary Schepers; Al Sutton; Mike Martin.
Recording information: Alabama St. Station; Broom Factory; CBR Studios, Brooklyn NY; Cowboy Technical Services; East Nashville, TN; Electrical Audio, Chicago, IL; Grand Studio, Detroit, MI; Home; Jupiter Recording Studio, Seattle, WA; Kansas City, MO; King Size, Chicago, IL; Kingsize Studios, Chicago, IL; Million Yen, Chicago, IL; Neighborhood Studios, Lawrence KS; No Budget Studios; Ramble Creek Studio, Pflugerville, TX; RCA STudios, Nashville TN; Rocco & Partner, Zagreb, Croatia; Roskilde, Denmark; Strobe Studios, Chicago, IL; The Hideout.
Photographer: Frank Swider.
Unknown Contributor Role: Richard Buckner.
Arranger: Scott Hirsch.
Chicago label Bloodshot Records has built a reputation for high quality, cutting-edge alt-country since its inception in 1994. In this 11th anniversary disc (the label's laid-back business approach delayed the 10th anniversary release by a year), label artists like the Waco Brothers, Graham Parker, and the Old 97s stand alongside fellow travelers like Richard Buckner, the Handsome Family, and My Morning Jacket, as well as country music legends like Ralph Stanley, to pay tribute to the label's decade-plus of existence. In a two-CD set of newly recorded and rare tracks, highlights include Andre Williams and the Sadies' raucous "Shake a Tail Feather," Mekons chanteuse Sally Timms's hushed, ghostly "Tumbling Tumbleweeds," and Ralph Stanley and Paul Burch's classy, old-school "Glass of Wine."
Uncut (p.106) - 4 stars out of 5 - "[The label is] providing shelter for all manners of weird wonders and mutant strains of country, rockabilly, punk and bluegrass."
Be The First To Write A Review
Bloodshot BS 112
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright