CD Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak] (CD 6586455),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak]
0. DISC 1: THE ORIGINAL ALBUM:
1. Take on Me
2. Train of Thought
3. Hunting High and Low
4. Blue Sky, The
5. Living a Boy's Adventure Tale
6. Sun Always Shines on T.V., The
7. And You Tell Me
8. Love is Reason
9. Dream Myself Alive
10. Here I Stand and Face the Rain
11. Take on Me [Original 7" Version 1984]
12. Sun Always Shines on T.V. [Extended Mix], The - (remix)
13. Train of Thought [U.S. Mix] - (remix)
14. Hunting High and Low [Extended Remix] - (remix)
0. DISC 2: DEMOS, B-SIDES & RARITIES:
1. Take on Me [Demo]
2. Train of Thought [Demo] - (previously unreleased)
3. Hunting High and Low [Demo]
4. Blue Sky [Demo], The
5. Living a Boy's Adventure Tale [Early Version]
6. Sun Always Shines on T.V. [Demo], The - (previously unreleased)
7. And You Tell Me [Demo]
8. Love is Reason [Demo] - (previously unreleased)
9. I Dream Myself Alive [Demo] - (previously unreleased)
10. Here I Stand and Face the Rain [Demo] - (previously unreleased)
11. Stop! And Make Your Mind Up
13. Dot the I - (previously unreleased)
14. Love Goodbye, The
15. Nothing to It - (previously unreleased)
16. Go to Sleep
17. Monday Morning
18. All the Planes That Come in on the Quiet - (previously unreleased)
19. Never Never
20. What's That You're Doing to Yourself in the Pouring Rain - (previously unreleased)
21. You Have Grown Thoughtful Again - (previously unreleased)
22. Lesson One [Autumn 1982 "Take on Me" Demo] - (previously unreleased)
23. Presenting Lily Mars
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 79799
A-Ha: Morten Harket (vocals); Pal Waaktaar (guitar); Magne Furuholmen (keyboards).
Additional personnel: Claire Jarvis (oboe).
Producers: Tony Mansfield, Alan Tarney, John Ratcliff.
Personnel: Morten Harket (vocals); Paul Waaktaar-Savoy (guitar); Magne Furuholmen (keyboards).
Audio Remasterers: Dave Schultz; Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Audio Remixers: John Ratcliff; a-ha.
Liner Note Author: Kieron Tyler.
Photographers: Knut Bry; Larry Williams ; Jonathan Lennard.
The first album by the Norwegian trio of singer Morten Harket, songwriter Pal Waaktaar and keyboardist Mags will forever be known as the album that contains the intoxicating "Take On Me," one of the most famous and enduring "one-hit wonders" of the '80s. However, HUNTING HIGH AND LOW actually contains a second US Top 40 hit, "The Sun Always Shines On TV." In addition, even after those songs ceased to receive airplay, A-Ha continued a long and successful career in Europe and elsewhere.
Besides the two singles, the album contains the haunting title track, "Living A Boy's Adventure Tale," which comes across as a keyboard-heavy Scandinavian version of early U2, and the quirky "The Blue Sky," an arresting showcase for Harket's piercing falsetto. HUNTING HIGH AND LOW shows that there's much more to A-Ha than their memory in common pop history suggests.
Record Collector (magazine) (p.78) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[The highlight is] the dramatic, voluptuously orchestral title track..."
Uncut (magazine) (p.83) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[A] tidy album with more than a touch of Japan and Peter Gabriel about it."
Be The First To Write A Review
Warner Bros UK 79799
Source Interlink UK
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright