CD Jesus Christ Superstar: A Resurrection (CD 1003226),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Jesus Christ Superstar: A Resurrection
0. DISC 1:
1. Jesus Christ Superstar: Overture - Dew
2. Jesus Christ Superstar: Heaven on Their Minds - Michael Lorant
3. Jesus Christ Superstar: What's the Buzz - Emily Saliers/Lay Quiet Awhile/Amy Ray
4. Jesus Christ Superstar: Strange Thing Mystifying - Michael Lorant/Amy Ray/Murray Head
5. Jesus Christ Superstar: Everything's Alright - Cicada Sings/Emily Saliers/Cooper Seay/Michael Lorant/Amy Ray
6. Jesus Christ Superstar: This Jesus Must Die - Mike Mantione/Benjamin/John Bigay/Paul Schwartz
7. Jesus Christ Superstar: Hosanna - Benjamin/Amy Ray
8. Jesus Christ Superstar: Simon Zealotes - Kelly Hogan/Uncle Green
9. Jesus Christ Superstar: Poor Jerusalem - Amy Ray
10. Jesus Christ Superstar: Pilate's Dream - Gerard McHugh
11. Jesus Christ Superstar: The Temple - Amy Ray
12. Jesus Christ Superstar: Everything's Alright (Reprise) - Emily Saliers/Amy Ray (reprise)
13. Jesus Christ Superstar: I Don't Know How to Love Him - Emily Saliers/Opal Foxx
14. Jesus Christ Superstar: Damned for All Time / Blood Money: Blood Money - Five Eight/Mike Mantione/Benjamin/Michael Lorant/Anne Richmond Boston
0. DISC 2:
1. Jesus Christ Superstar: The Last Supper - Michael Lorant/Amy Ray
2. Jesus Christ Superstar: Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say) - Engine/Amy Ray
3. Jesus Christ Superstar: The Arrest - Mike Mantione/Benjamin/Michael Lorant/Amy Ray
4. Jesus Christ Superstar: Peter's Denial - Bill Decker/Matt Brown/Emily Saliers/Jeff Jensen/Anne Richmond Boston/Uncle Green
5. Jesus Christ Superstar: Pilate and Christ - Gerard McHugh/Amy Ray/Rob Gal
6. Jesus Christ Superstar: King Herod's Song (Try It and See) - Dave Clair/Big Fish Ensemble
7. Jesus Christ Superstar: Judas' Death - Mike Mantione/Choir/Benjamin/Michael Lorant
8. Jesus Christ Superstar: The Trial Before Pilate (Including the 39 Lashes) - Gerard McHugh/Benjamin/Michael Lorant/Amy Ray/Rob Gal
9. Jesus Christ Superstar: Superstar - Social Insanity
10. Jesus Christ Superstar: Crucifixion - Amy Ray
11. Jesus Christ Superstar: John 19:41
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 19006
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR: A RESURRECTION is a studio recording of the songs from the Broadway play, made by Georgia rock bands. Indigo Girls Amy Ray and Emily Saliers are featured as, respectively, Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene. The album features a constant cast accompanied by a revolving lineup of bands and musicians.
Principal cast: Michael Lorant (Judas Iscariot), Amy Ray (Jesus Christ), Emily Saliers (Mary Magdalene), Paul Schwartz (Priests 1 & 3), Benjamin (Caiaphas, High Priest), Mike Mantione (Annas), John Bigay (Priest 2), Kelly Hogan (Simon Zealotes), Gerard McHugh (Pontius Pilate), Anne Richmond Boston (Choir, Maid By The Fire), Matt Brown (Peter), Jeff Jensen (Soldier 1), Bill Decker (Old Man), Rob Gal (Soldier 2), Dave Clair (King Herod), Social Insanity (Voice Of Judas).
Musical personnel includes: Dew, Lay Quiet Awhile, The Murray Hedd Experience, Cicada Sings, The Feed And Seed Marching Abominable, Uncle Green, Opal Foxx Quartet, Five-Eight, Engine, Full Stop, Big Fish Ensemble, Social Insanity, The Revelation String Quartet.
Engineers: Rob Gal (disc 1, all tracks, disc 2, tracks 1-8, 11); Wizard (disc 2, track 9); Neil Fried (disc 2, track 10).
Principally recorded at The Snack & Shack, Atlanta, Georgia. Includes liner notes by Michael Lorant.
All songs written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice.
Personnel: Rob Gal (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Dave Clair, Matt Brown, Mike Mantione, Gerard McHugh, Cooper Seay, Jeff Jensen, Paul Schwartz (vocals, guitar); Michael Lorant (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, electric piano, drums, tambourine); Eric Musslewhite (vocals, saxophone); Louis Gosain (vocals, trumpet); Bill Decker (vocals, piano); John Bigay (vocals, drums); Trina Meade, Dee, Jeremiah Thompson, Benjamin, Social Insanity, Kelly Hogan, Amy Ray, Anne Richmond Boston, B-Mac, Tomi Martin, Tommy Martin (vocals); Bob Elsey (guitar, electric guitar); Steve Dixon, Pam Howe, Jim Johnson, David Cook, David Patterson , Emily Saliers, Chris Lopez, Ann Wood, Jeffrey Perkins, Sean Dunn, Jeff Perkins, Alex Rosenthal, Albert Gresens, Pete Williams (guitar); Todd Butler (steel guitar, lap steel guitar); Bill Fleming (steel guitar); Rick Taylor (banjo); De De Vogt (mandolin); Sheila Doyle (violin, strings); Brian Halloran (cello); Don Conoscenti (flute, wooden flute); Becky Shaw, Sarah Feit, Rob Mallard, Liz Levin, Nancy Crager, Jane Struble (flute); Bobby Marie, Mallory Thomas Harwood (piccolo); Frank Duncan, Jr., Jeanette Stout, Martha Halima Hutchins, Lynn Borowski (clarinet); Leigh Finlayson (bass clarinet, baritone horn); Rob Anderson (bass clarinet); Jeff Smith , Sam Garafalo, Sharon Braunstein, Frances Cobb (alto saxophone); Larry Smith , John Liles (tenor saxophone); Mico Bowles, Bill Scott, Sarah Paukstis, D. Kay Quinn, Joe Farmer, Allen Freedman, Stephanie Menke (trumpet); Bill Taft (cornet); Wolfe Quinn (trombone, organ); Charles Bohanan, David Fairchild, Karen Zeliff (trombone); Steve Roberts (euphonium); Tim McDonald, Bill Valliant, J. Michael Cobb (tuba); Allen Broyles (piano, organ); Connie Hanes, Michael Wegner (piano); Dave Domizi (double bass); Beam Vs. Cyrus (drums, congas); Allen Page, Kevin Murphy, Pete McDade, Dan Anoff, Mary Alexander, David Wright, Patrick Ferguson (drums); J. Mongo Nealer (bass drum); Vickie Hunt (cymbals); W. Micah Watkins, Bill (Mick) McCollum, Randy Tyndall, Lynda Blackmon, Louise Christensen, Tom Denmark (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Michael Lorant.
Recording information: ABRS, Atlanta, GA; Chelsea South Studios, Atlanta, GA; Little Five Points Community; Snack & Shack, Atlanta, GA.
Illustrator: Karen Chance.
Unknown Contributor Role: Haynes Brooke.
Rolling Stone (2/23/95, p.76) - 3 Stars - Good - "...This two-CD alterna-take beats the hell out of the prototype. Featuring Indigo Girls, it showcases a mighty cast of Atlanta indie faves....this re-creation forgoes irony for loopy sincerity--terrific singers, guitarists and bands redeem these songs simply by means of volume and brio..."
Alternative Press (4/95, p.67) - "...this is an ambitious project that should be critiqued on the big picture as opposed to being nit-picked apart....It's nice to see a piece of music that was twisted and bastardized returned to its original form..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Daemon Records 19006
E1 Distribution (USA)
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright