CD Mask [Omnibus Edition] [Box] (CD 6238811),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Mask [Omnibus Edition] [Box]
0. DISC 1:
1. Hair of the Dog
2. Passion of Lovers, The
3. Of Lilies and Remains
5. Hollow Hills
6. Kick in the Eye 2
7. In Fear of Fear
8. Muscle in Plastic
9. Man with X-Ray Eyes, The
0. DISC 2:
1. Kick in the Eye [Original Single Version a Side]
3. In Fear of Fear - (previously unreleased)
4. In Fear of Dub
5. Muscle in Plastic - (Rough Mix Version, previously unreleased)
6. Dancing - (Rough Mix Version, previously unreleased)
7. Hair of the Dog - (Rough Mix Version, previously unreleased)
8. Monkey (Poison Pen) - (Rough Mix Version, previously unreleased)
9. Ziggy Stardust - (previously unreleased)
10. Earwax - (previously unreleased)
12. Muscle in Plastic [Rejected Album Mix] - (previously unreleased)
13. Hollow Hills [Rejected Album Mix] - (previously unreleased)
14. Hair of the Dog [Rejected Album Mix] - (previously unreleased)
15. Poisen Pen - (previously unreleased)
16. Kick in the Eye [Single Re-Mix Version] - (remix)
17. Dave and Danny's Waspie Dub #2 - (previously unreleased)
0. DISC 3:
1. This Is for When - (live)
2. Passion of Lovers, The - (live)
3. In the Flat Field - (live)
4. Silent Hedges - (live)
5. In Fear of Fear - (live)
6. Terror Couple Kill Colonel - (live)
7. Man with X-Rays Eyes, The - (live)
8. Dancing - (live)
9. Mask - (live)
10. Rosegarden Funeral of Sores - (live)
11. Hair of the Dog - (live)
12. Kick in the Eye - (live)
13. God in an Alcove, A - (live)
14. Hollow Hills - (live)
15. Stigmata Martyr - (live)
16. Dark Entries - (live)
17. Bela Lugosi's Dead - (live)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 06222
Bauhaus: Peter Murphy (vocals); Daniel Ash, Kevin Haskins, David J.
Engineers include: Mike Hedges, Kenny Jones, John Etchells.
Audio Mixers: Peter Edwards; Steve Webbon; Mark Wallis; Bauhaus ; Peter Edwards.
Audio Remasterers: Jason Mitchell; John Dent.
Recording information: Hammersmith Palais, London, GB (11/09/1981); JAM Recording Limited, London, GB (11/09/1981); Maida Vale Studio, London, GB (11/09/1981); The Playground Recording Studio, London, GB (11/09/1981).
Photographers: Chris Garnham; Sheila Rock; Graham Trott; Stella Watts.
In 1981, Bauhaus had no competition in the field of "Goth" music and could afford to experiment a little. MASK is the group's second album, and it contains some of their best work. There is the groove of "Dancing," a track that contains one of the album's two curious references to ballet dancer Nijinsky (the other is in "Muscle In Plastic"), and the creepy "Hollow Hills," its bass-driven skeleton decorated with distant peals of feedback and sparse drumming. The title cut features Peter Murphy singing over a backwards music track that adds considerable menace to the bizarre lyrics.
Originally 10 songs long, the CD adds five supplemental tracks gathered from singles. These extra tracks include the comparatively straightforward white reggae of "Harry" and a weird 4-part song wherein each band member takes the lead. Bassist David Jay sets the falsely soothing tale of a trial to the rattle of a drum machine. Murphy's piece is a guide to making fish cakes (?!). Drummer Kevin Haskins provides a series of such suggestions as "Avoid risks, stay at home," and guitarist Daniel Ash contributes a short acoustic guitar piece with backwards vocals.
Record Collector (magazine) (p.91) - 5 stars out of 5 -- "[MASK] remains a definitive statement, from the Apollo launch of 'Hair Of The Dog,' crowd-pleasing 'Dancing' and 'Muscle In Plastic' to the emotive 'Hollow Hills'..."
Be The First To Write A Review
Beggars Banquet BAUBOX 2
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.