CD No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith [Deluxe Edition] (CD 4337253),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith [Deluxe Edition]
0. DISC 1:
1. Ace Of Spades (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
2. Stay Clean (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
3. Metropolis (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
4. Hammer, The (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
5. Iron Horse - Born To Lose (Unspecified 1980)
6. No Class (Leeds 28/03/2981)
7. Overkill (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
8. (We Are) The Roadcrew (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
9. Capricorn (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
10. Bomber (Leeds 28/03/1981)
11. Motorhead (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
12. Over The Top (Newcastle 30/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
13. Shoot You In The Back (Newcastle 30/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
14. Jailbait (Leeds 28/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
15. Leaving Here (Leeds 28/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
16. Fire Fire (Newcastle 29/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
17. Too Late, Too Late (Newcastle 30/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
18. Bite The Bullet/The Chase is Better Than The Catch (Newcastle 30/03/1981) [Bonus Track]
0. DISC 2:
1. Ace Of Spades (Leeds 28/03/1981)
2. Stay Clean (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
3. Metropolis (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
4. Hammer, The (Leeds 28/03/1981)
5. Capricorn (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
6. No Class (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
7. (We Are) The Road Crew (Leeds 28/03/1981)
8. Bite The Bullet/The Chase Is Better Than The Catch (Leeds 28/03/1981)
9. Overkill (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
10. Bomber (Newcastle 29/03/1981)
11. Motorhead (Newcastle 30/03/1981)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 060251785575
Motorhead: Lemmy Kilmister, Fast Eddie Clarke, Phil Taylor.
Recorded live in England in 1980 & 1981.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Lemmy Kilmister (vocals, bass guitar); Phil Campbell (electric guitar); Mikkey Dee (drums).
Unlike many heavy metal contemporaries, Motorhead leader Lemmy possesses self-deprecating humour. Stripped of pretension, he goads the basic three-chord trick with a full-throated bellow, emphasizing his trio's vicious racket. On this live selection the group reprise the cream of their back catalogue with untrammelled venom, in the process destroying already power-packed studio counterparts. Continuing a line from the MC5 and Stooges, rather than gothic fantasy, the band understand the excitement of noise and exploit it to its full potential. Thrash metal and hardcore owe them a debt but, as this album proves, there is only one Motorhead.
Q (10/96, pp.186-187) - 3 Stars - Good - "...the best title of any live album ever....contains faster and rougher versions of Motorhead's best songs, most of which were pretty fast and rough already..."
Mojo (Publisher) (12/01, p.124) - "...A masterpiece..."
Record Collector (magazine) (p.138) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[D]elivered with brutal immediacy....There is a fearsome intensity throughout, meaning this remains one of the key live metal albums."
Be The First To Write A Review
Sanctuary (USA) 1785575
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright