CD Paris [Malcolm McLaren] [CD Boxset] [2 discs] (CD 969011),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Paris [Malcolm McLaren] [CD Boxset] [2 discs]
0. DISC 1:
1. Mon Die Senie
2. Walking With Satie
3. Pere Lachaise
4. Miles and Miles of Miles Davis
5. Jazz Is Paris
6. Rue Dauphine
7. Paris Paris
8. Je T'Aime...Moi Non Plus
9. Club le Narcisse
10. La Main Parisienne
11. Driving Into Delirium
12. Revenge of the Flowers -(With Francois Hardy)
13. In the Absence of the Parisienne
15. Who the Hell Is Sonia Rykiel
0. DISC 2: THE LARGEST MOVIE HOUSE IN PARIS- THE INSTRUMENTAL MIXES:
1. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Un mix)
2. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Deux mix)
3. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Trois mix)
4. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Quatre mix)
5. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Cinq mix)
6. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Six mix)
7. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Sept mix)
8. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Huit mix)
9. Largest Movie House in Paris, The - (Paris Lutece Paname mix)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 32506
Personnel includes: Malcolm McLaren, Nicole Amovin, Joelle Esso, Tracy Ackerman, Loulou De La Falaise, Francoise Hardy, Amina, Wasis Diop, Catherine Deneuve (vocals); Babik Reinhardt, Jean-Marc Benais, Marco Papazian (guitar); John Themis (guitar, flute); Robin Millar (guitar, keyboards); Guy Barker, Christian Martinez (trumpet); Jacques Bolognesi (trombone); Andy Whitmore (piano, keyboards); Didier Makaga (piano, keyboards, bass, percussion, background vocals); Mark Smith (bass); Jeremy Stacey (drums); Luis Jardim (percussion).
Producers include: Malcolm McLaren, Lee Gorman, Robin Millar, Andy Whitmore, Chris Mathias.
Engineers include: Lee Gorman, Eric Diane, Bruno Mylonas.
PARIS includes a bonus CD that contains ambient remixes.
If a form of music exists, Malcolm McLaren has probably thought of a way to exploit it. From his early days managing first the New York Dolls, then the Sex Pistols, Adam And The Ants, and Bow Wow Wow, through his own wide-ranging musical career, McLaren has used everything from Situationist theory to African drumming to grand opera for his own ends.
1995's PARIS, McLaren's first release after a long layoff, is a typically unexpected release. Largely instrumental, this two-disc set references McLaren's adopted home, with Senegalese choirs and Middle Eastern instrumentation blending with the traditional Gallic forms and then-fashionable trip-hop touches. The result falls somewhere between Peter Gabriel and Serge Gainsbourg. Disc Two is an often entertaining collection of remixes.
Be The First To Write A Review
Gee Street Records (USA) 32506
Alternative Dis. Alliance
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright