CD Projekt 200 (CD 1145284),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
0. DISC 1:
1. Across a Thousand Blades - Black Tape for a Blue Girl
2. Our Corner Drowning - Area
3. Desert - Lycia
4. Girl Called Harmony, A - Attrition
5. Your Eyes Immaculate - Lovesliescrushing
6. Write in Water - Love Spirals Downwards
7. Waiting Hour, The (Once Again) - Human Drama
8. All I Have Left - Thanatos
9. Soaked and Captured - Soul Whirling Somewhere
10. Solitary Pilgrim, The - Arcanta
11. When You're Evil - Voltaire
12. Taqaharu's Leaving - Peter Ulrich
0. DISC 2:
1. Day of the Dead - Voltaire
2. Wicked Days - Android Lust
3. Comfort in Angel's Wings - Tearwave (previously unreleased)
4. For a Moment - Lowsunday (Goodbye Mix)
5. Human Shell - Autumn's Grey Solace
6. Cayman - Mira
7. She's Got a Halo - Faith & Disease
8. In Hollywood Tonight - Audra
9. My Virgin Widows - Mors Syphilitica
10. Empty Universe - Love Spirals Downwards (previously unreleased)
11. Door of Serenity, The - Rajna
12. Occupying Force - Unto Ashes
13. I Strike You Down - Black Tape for a Blue Girl (previously unreleased, Early Version)
0. DISC 3:
1. Spring Music - Alio Die (previously unreleased)
2. Sky Below, The - Fayman & Fripp
3. Breath of Closure - Vidna Obmana (previously unreleased)
4. World Turns Around in a Sea of Bliss, The - Fear Falls Burning (previously unreleased)
5. Pod Two - As Lonely as Dave Bowman
6. In the Eyes of Noche - Steve Roach
7. Seven - Black Tape for a Blue Girl
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 260200
Jeffrey Fayman; Robert Fripp; Sam Rosenthal
Stefano Musso; Steve Roach
Lyricist: Anji Bee.
Personnel: Shane Sahene (vocals, guitar, synthesizer); Michael Laird (vocals, guitar, drums); Mike Van Portfleet (vocals, guitar, electronics); Scott Cortez (vocals, guitar, loops); Padraic Ogl, Voltaire (vocals, acoustic guitar); Martin Bowes (vocals, keyboards, electronics); Bret Helm (vocals, keyboards); Michael Plaster, Vidna Obmana (vocals, electronics); Christopher Jon, Chuck Silverman, Jennifer Manganiello, Dara Rosenwasser, Julia Niblock Waller, Shikhee, Elysabeth Grant, Anji Bee, Jennifer Grais, Melissa Arpin Duimstra, Jeanne Lefebvre, Regina Sosinski, Johnny Indovina, Lynn Canfield, Oscar Herrera, Suzanne Perry (vocals); Mariko (soprano); Doug White (guitar, keyboards); Shawn Bann (guitar, synthesizer); Bert Helm (guitar, drum programming); Eric Cooley, Greg Forschler, Henry Frayne, Ryan Lum, Steve Roach, Tom Parker, Scott Ferrell (guitar); Allan Kraut (electric guitar, percussion); Fabrice Lefebvre (dulcimer, oud, keyboards, shaker); Gregor Kitzis (violin); Matt Goeke, Lisa Haney, Gerri Sutyak, Mera Roberts (cello); Renelle Laplante, Lisa Feuer (flute); Ruth Watson (oboe); Kiku Collins (horns); Sam Rosenthal (piano, electronics, sampler); Mark Balderas (piano); Steve Jones (keyboards, percussion); Monti Medley (keyboards, electronics); John Clough, Natalia Lincoln (keyboards); John Stephanski (drums, percussion); Glenn Sorino, Alan Donaldson, C. Barry Semple esq., Grisha Alexiev (drums); John A. Rivers (programming, sequencer).
Audio Mixer: Steve Roach.
Recording information: 01/25/1991-03/??/2007.
Creator: Steve Roach.
The Projekt label has created a series of celebratory releases over time as Sam Rosenthal's initial tape-only effort for his home recordings turned into an underground goth cult and then practically into its own genre of romantic and contemplative music with Rosenthal's design sense driving the overall artwork and approach. Projekt 200, the latest such overview, is perhaps the most elaborate all around, a three-disc effort in a DVD-sized package with a fairly unusual setup inside to hold the discs. It's a nice example of allegiance to a format rapidly slipping away to a purely digital approach, but of course the key is the music inside. The first two discs are split between "the early years" and "the current era," admittedly with an exception or two -- a newly remixed version of "Across a Thousand Blades" by Rosenthal and Projekt's flagship act Black Tape for a Blue Girl starts off the whole thing, while Lowsunday's "For a Moment" on the "current era" disc is over a decade old. The occasional oddity like this aside, the discs are an excellent introduction to the more overtly rock/industrial side of Projekt, with now legendary names like Lycia, Love Spirals Downwards, and Voltaire taking bows alongside equally notable acts as Arcanta, Lovesliescrushing, Unto Ashes, and Android Lust. A few previously unreleased songs surface, including new ones from Lovespirals ("Empty Universe," a gentle, acoustic guitar-led number), Tearwave ("Comfort in Angel's Wings," a peppy example of gothed-up shoegaze), and Black Tape. The final disc focuses on the ambient/electronic side of the label -- unsurprisingly Steve Roach and Vidna Obmana are featured, the latter with a wholly new track, "Breath of Closure," while other unreleased songs from Alio Die and Fear Falls Burning also appear. ~ Ned Raggett
Be The First To Write A Review
Projekt Records 260200
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.