CD Strange Behaviour [Duran Duran] (CD 920486),
Movie Mars Home Page
Welcome to MovieMars.com!
back to browsing
Strange Behaviour [Duran Duran]
0. DISC 1:
1. Planet Earth - (Night Mix, remix)
2. Girls on Film - (remix)
3. My Own Way - (remix)
4. Hungry Like the Wolf - (remix)
5. Hold Back the Rain - (Remix, remix)
7. New Religion - (remix)
8. Is There Something I Should Know? - (Monster Mix, remix)
9. Union of the Snake - (the Monkey Mix, remix)
10. New Moon on Monday - (remix)
11. Reflex, The - (Dance Mix)
12. Wild Boys - (Wilder Than Wild Boys Extended Mix, remix)
0. DISC 2:
1. Notorious - (Extended Mix, remix)
2. Skin Trade - (Stretch Mix, remix)
3. "Meet el Presidente" - (remix)
4. American Science - (Chemical Reation Mix, remix)
5. I Don't Want Your Love - (Dub Mix, remix)
6. All She Wants Is - (Us Master Mix, remix)
7. Violence of Summer (Love's Taking Over) - (Power Mix, remix)
8. Come Undone - (Come un-Dub mix, remix)
9. Love Voodoo - (Sidney Street 12" Mix, remix)
10. Too Much Information - (12" Jellybean Mix, remix)
11. None of the Above - (Drizabone 12 " Mix, remix)
12. Drowning Man - (D-Ream Ambient Mix, remix)
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 93972
Chris Kimsey; Colin Thurston; Daniel Abraham; Ian Little; Duran Duran; Jellybean Benitez; John Beverly Jones; Alex Sadkin; Nile Rodgers; Shep Pettibone
Daniel Abraham; Lee Hamblin; Jason Corsaro
STRANGE BEHAVIOR features 24 remarkable remixes of Duran Duran hits.
Audio Mixers: Daniel Abraham; Drizabone; Ian Little; Simon "The Funky Ginger" Law; Justin Strauss; Jason Corsaro; Alex Sadkin; Murray Elias; Nile Rodgers; Shep Pettibone.
Audio Remasterers: Terry Burch; Peter Mew.
Audio Remixers: Drizabone; Justin Strauss; Jellybean; Larry Levan; Murray Elias.
Recording information: 1984.
The 12" has come a long way from its early incarnation as single version with bits tacked on beginning, middle, and end. This two-disc set spans Duran's club output from Planet Earth, right up to 1993's mega selling Wedding Album with some key omissions, no "Ordinary World" for example. Disc one concentrates on their career from Brummie new romantics who were at best watercolor Japan. They did however stamp their own brand of hip with Malcolm Garrett sleeves and by calling the normally commonplace extended version "Night version," playing right into those romantics also inclined for a bit of dancing. Tracks from Rio, Ragged Tiger, and even the shock horror of Wild Boys are included. Due to the ripple of time and the fact that Duran Duran were always fashionable in the mainstream market, most songs have by now dated, although some sound better than the 1986 trend for stutter vocal treatment on "American Science" and on '88s "I Don't Want Your Love." "Skin Trade" and "Notorious" are pretty faithful to the originals. The set goes a bit AWOL toward the end with five tracks from Wedding; all are awful, except a semi-decent "Drowning Man." Best of the pack are "Violence of Summer," always an underestimated single, with lyrics narrated over pounding beat and repeat motif, complimented by a bridge adding what sounds like a drugged up gospel choir, female whimpering, and samples of the Barbarella flick making it a spellbinding listen; and Mark S Berry's take on "Meet El President" with manic percussion (the dub would have been a better choice though). ~ Kelvin Hayes
Be The First To Write A Review
EMI Music Distribution 4939722
MSI Music Distribution
In Stock -- Item Ships for FREE
Add to wishlist
What viewers like you said...
Have you listened to this album?
Be the first to write a review
Also suggested for you...
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
buy now for
Copyright © 2004-2013 Movie Mars, Inc.
All rights reserved. This website and its contents are the exclusive property of Movie Mars, Inc. As such, reproduction in whole or in part, by any means, and any use for commercial purposes, of any portion of the material contained herein, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, trademarks, photographs, video clips and sounds files is strictly prohibited. Portions of this page Copyright 1981 - 2013 Muze, Inc. All rights reserved.